Confidential-Senior Design Project Manager
SelectLeaders – SelectLeaders Managers /
Our SelectLeader's client is a leading independent construction Project & Cost Management firm with offices throughout the country. They provide Project Management and Cost Management services to a variety of industries, including: corporate, law firms, financial services, media & entertainment, hotels, healthcare, educational, building development, non-profits, retail, and mission critical facilities. The firm assists its clients from the early stages of planning and site selection, through design and development, construction administration, and occupancy.
Manage and lead project teams responsible for multi-disciplined real estate project solutions for clients, with direct accountability for project delivery.
- Act as Owners Representative with primary responsibility for all phases of various related projects/program.
- Assist in the development and management of the portfolio of projects, reporting, strategic plans and program initiatives to meet the goals and needs of the clients.
- Lead the continuous evaluation of contract scope of work as the project progresses against the goals, expectations, and the needs of the client, and make adjustments as necessary.
- Ensure the effective and efficient use of project tools such as templates, sample documents and software.
- Facilitate and maintain communications with and between the Team members and the client on a continuous and as needed basis, ensuring Project Team members to communicate in an effective manner.
- Complete all tasks and ensuring assigned team members complete all tasks within the client, company and individual leadership principals and service level agreements that may be established and updated from time to time.
- Ensuring Project Team are in compliance with company and client policies and procedures.
- Assist in the documentation submission of statutory project documentation and approvals related to the project work.
- Review, understand, and manage procedures for handling changes to the contract documents, monthly valuations, drawing submissions, change orders, substitutions, etc.
- Document the status of the project, all meetings and correspondence as a means to properly communicate within the project team and develop the project documents.
- Manage all facets of project management (budget, schedule, procurement, quality & risk) for individual real estate projects including: due diligence, planning, design, construction, occupancy and closeout.
- Demonstrates capability to read, understand and apply standard to complex documents affecting real estate projects, including but not limited to: agreements/contracts, leases, work letters, project charters, surveys and drawings.
- Interfaces directly with clients to define project requirements. Prepares scope of work, project delivery resource requirements, cost estimate & budget, cash flow, work plan schedule & milestones, quality control, and risk identification.
- Identifies project delivery resources from pre-qualified lists or through individual project qualification process; conducts standard to complex request for proposals; completes bid analysis; leads evaluation interviews, recommends resources to clients.
- Leads project delivery resources/team (typically larger more experienced team) providing project guidance and direction to achieve project goals.
- Implements communication plan for meetings and written reports/meeting minutes to keep client and project resources informed. Facilitates project meetings.
- Implement project documentation governance aligned with company and client requirements
- Ensure project data integrity and documentation is accurate, timely and coordinated.
- Tracks progress of each project against goals, objectives, approved budgets, approved timelines.
- Reports status and variances. Creates action plans/options to meet objectives, budget and schedule.
- Implements change management routines to assess change requests, make recommendations, secure client approvals, and issue change orders. Asses
- Constructability Review, Logistics Planning, Landlord Coordination, Lease Analysis & Negotiation, Consultant Selections, Budgeting, Management of Design, Pre-Purchase of Furniture, Fixtures & Equipment, Punch-List Completion, Move Coordination, and Post-Occupancy Phase
- 5 – 10 years of project management experience working for a Project Management Firm, Architect, Engineer, Estimator or GC.
- Technical and Project Management
- Bi-lingual/Spanish Speaking Candidate Preferred
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS/BEng/BArch) from College or University in a technical area of study a plus but not required
- CERTIFICATES and/or LICENSES - PMP (US and/or Canada) and LEED AP a plus, but not required
- Minimum five years of related experience