Deputy Newsletter Editor
Editorial – Editor /
We are seeking a high-energy, collaborative and news-obsessed individual to join our growing editorial team! The perfect fit for this position will quickly master the Bisnow editorial process, can maintain and build relationships and will keep up with our fast-paced, high-pressure environment. The Deputy Newsletter Editor will sit remotely within the US.
BISNOW is an industry leading, vertically integrated B2B platform serving the trillion-dollar commercial real estate industry across North America and Europe.
Our mission is to inform, connect and advance the commercial real estate community to do more business. From events and news to marketing services, talent solutions and now DaaS, BISNOW reaches millions of all-digital readers as well as thousands of event attendees, speakers, sponsors, advertisers and businesses looking to do more deals within CRE.
Operating in almost 50 MSAs across North America, the UK and Ireland, we tend to think globally, but strive to connect people hyper-locally.
THE BISNOW NEWSROOM
We take the news seriously, blending hard news scoops with analytical enterprise stories and award-winning accountability journalism. Our newsroom is small but ambitious and strives to find creative ways to cover the commercial real estate industry. We hold a hard line between our news team and BISNOW’s sales and events arms, freeing our reporters to write heavy-hitting stories without fear of sponsor influence. Our reporters dive deep on a local beat but also have the opportunity to write stories for a national audience and work on long-term special projects of national or international significance.
- Curating content for newsletters covering varying commercial real estate topics and property types, finding the most important stories from around the media that Bisnow’s readers have to know.
- Opportunities to write national commercial real estate news articles, particularly breaking news.
- Staying abreast of the major trends, players and deals happening in the commercial real estate industry in the U.S. and the UK.
- Working with the global news teams on major projects and national series, serving as a deep well of knowledge and existing work on any given CRE topic and disseminating that through the newsroom.
- This role does require two overnight shifts per week to build out our Morning Edition.
What are we looking for?
- Excellent news judgment.
- Great writing skills.
- Highly organized and deadline-oriented.
- Digital experience and ideally at least two years of experience in business journalism.
- The ability to use social media to find story ideas and get a sense of what our audience cares about.
- The personality of a self-starter.
- Though not required, it would be a plus if the candidate has knowledge of commercial real estate, urban and community planning and urban design.
What's in it for you?
- Competitive compensation structure!
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance - effective the 1st of the month following your start date.
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance - this includes maternity and paternity leaves as well.
- Flexible Spending Account
- Dependent Care Account
- Unlimited Vacation Days
- 7 days paid sick leave
- 9 paid Holidays
- Referral Bonus Program
- You’ll get to work with incredibly smart, passionate, driven, ambitious, kind, caring and mindful people and will rarely experience an overload of policies, bureaucracy or toxicity (the latter, we do not tolerate).
Before applying, please read our values below. Our values describe and give insight into our culture. If you do not share the same values, this role will not be a mutually beneficial fit. If you do share these values and want to apply, we encourage you to do so.
Our values demand that we be curious, self-aware, fearless, consistent. We say yes to seemingly insurmountable challenges because we dare ourselves to push further. And we go the distance because we are individually and collectively entrepreneurial, always asking: Why can’t it be done? We find a way because we care more than the competition. We embrace team and disown ego. We are ruthlessly disciplined and unabashedly kind. We unreservedly challenge the status quo and vigorously fight for new levels of excellence. We believe the difference between good and great is exceptional communication. We obsess over creating value for our team and our customers. We push ourselves and our industry to be more inclusive, to champion diversity and to fight racism, gender bias and all forms of inequality. We never peak. We never quit. We never have excuses. We own our failures and we commit to being smarter and stronger because of them. We give our best today and even better tomorrow. We are here to win.