Inside Sales Rep.
New York City /
Escape/Ascent – Inside Sales Rep /
BISNOW is an industry leading, vertically integrated B2B platform serving the trillion dollar commercial real estate industry across North America, Canada, the UK and Ireland.
Our mission is to inform, connect and advance the commercial real estate community to do more business. From events and news to marketing services, talent solutions and now DaaS, BISNOW reaches millions of all-digital readers as well as thousands of event attendees, speakers, sponsors, advertisers and businesses looking to do more deals within CRE.
Operating in almost 50 MSA’s across North America, the UK and Europe, we tend to think globally, but strive to connect people hyper-locally.
So…. What is Escape and Ascent?
Escape & Ascent are Bisnow's invite-only events for top investors and developers in the CRE industry. The traditional format for real estate events today is panels and business cards. For the past decade, the Escape and Ascent retreats have evolved the way real estate investors and developers gather and connect throughout the year.
How does it work?
Our Escape & Ascent team is responsible for forging relationships with the most significant commercial real estate players in the nation. We don’t sell tickets to just anyone, we curate a community of thoughtful and prolific entrepreneurs and real estate leaders to share insights and develop relationships throughout the year, culminating at our annual retreats. The retreats are forty-two hours long at the 1 Hotel in South Beach and combine three different elements we’ve found have delivered the highest value to our attendees: fun activities, TED style content from business leaders across disciplines outside of real estate, and relaxed networking amongst key decision makers. We’ve taken the CEOs of publicly traded companies skydiving and we’ve driven race cars with top CRE investors & developers.
- Establish and maintain relationships with transaction decision makers within all asset classes and sectors of our targeted markets.
- Consistently prospect new business to build a strong pipeline for senior-level sales team and become an expert at specificity prospecting.
- Working closely with VP and Directors to connect with said prospects through email campaigns and multiple channels
- Curating a top-notch list of potential attendees and inviting them to the most exclusive and influential retreat for the industry in the United States
- Assist in organizing each get-together, building out our Escape/Ascent community in a meaningful way
- Developing, leveraging and managing the relationships of the influential power-players and constantly seeking referrals to create a network of commercial real estate game-changers
- Connect with sponsorship prospects using phone and email strategies; responding to all inbound leads
- Constantly brainstorm fresh and relevant topic ideas to adapt to trends within the industry.
- Understand both individual and larger team KPIs and position yourself to hit, if not exceed said KPIs on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Maintain client and prospect information and data integrity in the CRM database (salesforce)
- Work with a positive, cross functional team on an everyday basis to make certain of successful sponsorship, marketing and financial performance of these events.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- 0 - 3 years of sales experience/ internships.
- Innate hustle, raw intelligence and infectious enthusiasm.
- Ability to demonstrate an entrepreneurial yet disciplined mindset, creative yet organized work-ethic and an ambitious yet humble attitude.
- Inherent knowledge of CRE or a strong interest/desire to be involved in the commercial real estate community
- Sales experience: know how to handle objections, how to research prospects, how to push someone to taking a meeting and most importantly, how to close a deal
- Being able to talk to prominent and aggressive professionals with ease and tact
- Excellent follow up, documentation and organizational skills, and persistence
- Demonstrated experience excelling in a group or team environment of any sort.
- A strong interest in growing into an externally facing sales role or similar position working closely with clients.
- Ability to remain receptive to feedback and open, constructive criticism.
- Capability to work in a high-energy, fast-paced, frequently-changing sales environment.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Competitive compensation structure!
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance - effective the 1st of the month following your start date.
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance - this includes maternity and paternity leaves as well.
- 401K Profit Sharing Plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- Dependent Care Account
- Unlimited Vacation Days
- 7 days paid sick leave
- 9 paid Holidays
- Referral Bonus Program
- Pet Friendly Offices
- You’ll get to work with incredibly smart, passionate, driven, ambitious, kind, caring and mindful people and will rarely experience an overload of policies, bureaucracy or toxicity (the latter, we do not tolerate).
Before applying, please read our values below. Our values describe and give insight into our culture. If you do not share the same values, this role will not be a mutually beneficial fit. If you do share these values and want to apply, we encourage you to do so.
Our values demand that we be curious, self-aware, fearless, consistent. We say yes to seemingly insurmountable challenges because we dare ourselves to push further. And we go the distance because we are individually and collectively entrepreneurial, always asking: Why can’t it be done? We find a way because we care more than the competition. We embrace team and disown ego. We are ruthlessly disciplined and unabashedly kind. We unreservedly challenge the status quo and vigorously fight for new levels of excellence. We believe the difference between good and great is exceptional communication. We obsess over creating value for our team and our customers. We push ourselves and our industry to be more inclusive, to champion diversity and to fight racism, gender bias and all forms of inequality. We never peak. We never quit. We never have excuses. We own our failures and we commit to being smarter and stronger because of them. We give our best today and even better tomorrow. We are here to win.