R&V Asset Manager
San Diego /
SelectLeaders – SelectLeaders Asset Manager /
Who We Are
In Business Since 1979, R&V Management is dedicated to providing expert professional property management and real estate services. We currently asset manage various apartment properties throughout San Diego County. Our continued growth and success can be attributed to our steadfast commitment to our most valuable assets - residents, employees, and investors. Our ability to effectively manage these assets with integrity, honesty, and equality has allowed us to become one of the largest asset management and real estate investment companies in San Diego.
What’s The Role
R&V Management is looking for an Asset Manager to oversee and manage a portfolio of Southern California assets. The Asset Manager will have ownership over all asset management policies, objectives, and initiatives. The position is responsible for the overall success of the administrative, financial, capital, and providing leadership to the Greystar Property Management team. The Asset Manager is a member of the Executive Management Team working to strategize short range and long range organizational goals.
- Manage third party property management companies to ensure optimization of rents and expenses of each property.
- Participate in property operating budgets’ preparation and approval process, identify capital opportunities and develop operating benchmarks to monitor costs.
- Monitor property performance including marketing, leasing, and management activities to ensure the property is operating in line with the forecast.
- Report key metrics, trends and variances to previous forecasts and implement proactive strategies to resolve operational, financial and compliance issues.
- Perform implementation, negotiation, and monitoring of asset programs.
- Provide recommendations and implement changes for property improvements based on thorough analysis and experience.
- Travel to properties to insure properties are being maintained.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business or related field.
- 10 years experience in property/asset management or related field preferred.
- Previous real estate experience required, preferably with multi-family asset management or property management experience.
- Experience with leasing and management or multifamily project related retail tenants.
- Underwriting and financial modeling experience.
- Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and foster internal and external relationships with business partners.
- Experience with Greystar reporting preferred.