Sales Director - San Francisco
San Francisco /
Sales – Market Director /
Position must sit in the Bay area remotely and in office.
BISNOW is an industry leading, vertically integrated B2B platform serving the trillion dollar commercial real estate industry across North America, Canada, the UK and Ireland.
Our mission is to inform, connect and advance the commercial real estate community to do more business. From events and news to marketing services, talent solutions and now DaaS, BISNOW reaches millions of all-digital readers as well as thousands of event attendees, speakers, sponsors, advertisers and businesses looking to do more deals within CRE.
Operating in almost 50 MSA’s across North America, the UK and Europe, we tend to think globally, but strive to connect people hyper-locally.
- Research target accounts matching our ideal customer profile and obtain contact information for key contacts at our target companies
- Conduct in-depth research to source & confirm CRE clients to sponsor Bisnow conferences
- Connect with sponsorship prospects using phone and email and respond to all inbound leads
- Optimize the lead to prospect pipeline and manage proper tasks and follow ups
- Take meetings in a consultative manner to understand client objectives and recommend via solution based approach how Bisnow can help said client achieve their strategic goals
- Full accountability for meeting follow ups, ensuring flawless execution of client facing calls, meetings and emails including the scheduling, pre and post meeting follow up, proposal generation, performance tracking, report generation, prospect management and client escalations
- Manage a clean and well maintained prospecting pipeline in Salesforce
- Represent Bisnow’s team and brand at internal and external events
- Work with a positive, cross functional team on an everyday basis to make certain of successful sponsorship, marketing and financial performance of all events
- Report on personal sales metrics weekly, monthly and quarterly
- Work closely with Sales leadership to implement and drive sales strategy and process
- Train and mentor all new employees within the Bay Area market and ensure proficiency in all aspects of the Ten Pillars of Success over the course of their Bisnow tenure:
- CRE Knowledge
- Local Market Player Expertise- Including Ride Alongs
- Bisnow Product Understanding
- Bisnow Process Know How
- Sales Skills: Fact Finder, Proposals, Pitches, Follow Up, Close
- Meetings & Proposal KPIs & Event Targets / Bookings Targets (memorized)
- Bisnow’s Mission (memorized)
- Bisnow’s Vision (memorized)
- Bisnow’s Values (memorized)
- Extreme Ownership (memorized & practiced daily)
- Meet with & understand each employee within your market’s personal goals and align them with the Ten Pillars of Success.
- Check in with each team member monthly to ensure they are on track to continue to be successful and in direction towards their next promotion.
- Implement PIP’s for those employees who are not elevating to the levels that we expect and continuously strive to maintain a success rate of 50%.
- Manage activity tracking reports for local sales team and follow-up process utilizing grids.
- Work on improving sales pitch on a weekly basis (FF, proposal, closing -- entire process).
- Spearhead the planning and execution of each market’s quarterly event sketching.
What are we looking for?
- 4 - 7 years of high volume sales
- Bisnow’s Sales Directors must lead from the front at all times. Given the furious work ethic of our team, and that our sales team is highly competitive, this requires a leader who understands the meaning of being first on the field, last off. Therefore the ideal candidate must be prepared to work many hours in the office.
- This is a player / coach role, with the first year being largely focused on player as opposed to coach. We are looking for a sales executive first, who can lead and manage down the line. If you are not interested in being an individual contributor, this is not the right position for you.
- Face-time is one thing, results are another. An Extreme Ownership approach is a must at Bisnow and this is only further highlighted in the role of a Director. The hiring, training, mentoring and succession planning for each local Bisnow team is ultimately the responsibility of the Sales VP and Sales Director. Again, to achieve this one must lead from the front.
- Be intellectually curious and never content. We don’t believe we are perfect and we certainly don’t like to rest on our laurels when we do get things right. Each local sales team will need to continuously innovate, meet with other firms to learn and expand their horizons and ultimately improve and further develop our processes to ensure that we are becoming better versions of ourselves on a continuous basis.
What's in for you?
- Competitive compensation structure!
- Unlimited vacation.
- Health, dental, vision, commuter, short term disability and 401k benefits.
- You’ll get to work with incredibly smart, passionate, driven, ambitious, kind, caring and mindful people and will rarely experience an overload of policies, bureaucracy or toxicity (the latter, we do not tolerate).
Our values demand that we be curious, self-aware, fearless, consistent. We say yes to seemingly insurmountable challenges because we dare ourselves to push further. And we go the distance because we are individually and collectively entrepreneurial, always asking: Why can’t it be done? We find a way because we care more than the competition. We embrace team and disown ego. We are ruthlessly disciplined and unabashedly kind. We unreservedly challenge the status quo and vigorously fight for new levels of excellence. We believe the difference between good and great is exceptional communication. We obsess over creating value for our team and our customers. We push ourselves and our industry to be more inclusive, to champion diversity and to fight racism, gender bias and all forms of inequality. We never peak. We never quit. We never have excuses. We own our failures and we commit to being smarter and stronger because of them. We give our best today and even better tomorrow. We are here to win.