Director of ESG (CP Group)
Boca Raton /
SelectLeaders – SelectLeaders Managers /
Active in the commercial real estate business for over 35 years, CP Group (formerly Crocker Partners) has established a reputation as a premier owner, operator, and developer of office and mixed-use projects throughout the Southeast and Southwest United States. Since 1986, CP Group has acquired and managed over 154 properties, totaling 45.9 million square feet, and representing $5.4 billion invested. They are currently Florida's largest and Atlanta's third-largest office landlord, ranking 25th largest in the United States.
If you are interested in joining a forward-thinking and growing organization offering excellent career development, please apply now! CP Group offers competitive benefit packages which support our employees’ mental, physical, emotional, and financial health. Compensation package will be aligned with experience. This position is located in beautiful Boca Raton, Florida.
The Director of ESG is responsible for being the subject matter expert and keeping CP Group in alignment with industry leaders and changes in regulation with respect to ESG and its impact on CP Group’s and its stakeholder’s businesses. This position reports directly to the managing partner and partner and works closely and collaboratively with the corporate directors, acquisitions team, and regional and property leadership teams to drive ESG strategy and reporting for CP Group.
The Director of ESG will develop, drive and measure the execution of our ESG strategy in alignment with our ESG Policy and by collaborating with our internal and external stakeholder and consultants.
In addition to corporate strategy, the Director of ESG will be responsible for the implementation and operationalization of ESG related programs at the corporate level and oversee the implementation across properties.
Build on and lead a multifaceted strategy across the key material topic areas of Environment, Social and Governance:
- Establish initiatives, goals and milestones to address the key material ESG topics,
- Allocate roles and responsibilities cross-departmentally for programmatic implementation across CP Group – from acquisitions to engineering, communications and training for example
- Develop and implement training on ESG and sustainability for employees, and where appropriate, vendors and tenants
- Identify green and wellness related certification opportunities across the portfolio to meet goals and targets for certification across the portfolio
- Maintain data completeness and quality of ESG material topics in third party ESG software platform in addition to conducting annual ESG programmatic review of all properties
- Develop the ESG budget annually to meet the needs of the corporate strategy
- Oversee or guide the development of key strategic programs including indoor air quality technologies and monitoring, business continuity relating to ESG risks, and the Company's non-profit organization, CPG Cares
- Develop and implement a supply chain and vendor ESG strategy with a focus on diversity, equity and inclusion, amongst other factors
- Chair and organize quarterly ESG Committee meetings
- Maintain and develop any ESG related policies
- Work closely with the communications team to ensure appropriate internal and external communications to align with ESG strategy and marketing goals and targets.
- Develop a data driven climate action plan road map to align CP Group properties to net carbon neutral by 2035 in addition to addressing climate risks (physical and transition).
- Establish a mechanism to generate property level sustainability improvement plans which help the portfolio meet its overarching goals.
- Prepare CP Group for submission to GRESB if identified as beneficial
- Work with communications team to develop communications collateral relating to CP Group’s ESG performance.
- Oversee external consultants and vendors, as needed, on data and monitoring, certification, program implementation and technology pilot projects.
- Understand reporting needs of external stakeholders, in particular, existing and prospective investors and debt issuers. Maintain an understanding of how ESG is being integrated in and influences capital markets nationally, and where relevant, internationally.
- Engage with the broader ESG community to build partnerships and share best practices.
- Bachelor's degree required in Accounting, Business, Finance, Sustainability, Environmental Studies/Policy, Engineering or related field
- 10+ years of progressive management experience in the space of ESG and/or corporate strategy
- Experience with LEED, WELL, Fitwel and Energy Star, experience with GRESB and GRI considered an advantage
- Experience with Energy Star Portfolio manager and third party ESG software platforms specific to Real Estate. Comfortable with large data sets
- Proficient in Microsoft® Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Experience and comfort with the Greenhouse Gas Protocol and recommendations of the Task Force for Climate Related Financial Disclosure (TCFD).
- Ability to communicate ESG data and information in a concise and informative manner to a range of stakeholders – including investors, employees, tenants, vendors and for public consumption.
- Background in both ESG Strategy and Sustainable Operations.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and deliver commitments on time and budget
- Background in a similar role for a commercial real estate company or working in consulting
- Superior writing and communication skills
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, climb, bend, and conduct visual inspections
- May require occasional work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Will require some air travel to meetings, conferences, trainings, and to provide technical assistance at other locations
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 20 pounds
Proven history of
- Leading within a matrix organization
- Developing and implementing ESG strategy in real estate
- Achieving green and other industry-specific accreditations/certifications for real estate assets
- History of reporting and communicating results of efforts via written investor reports
- Established partnerships with local, regional, nationally recognized organizations/agencies which are standard bearers for this area
- Ability to research data, compile/aggregate in an organized timely fashion, and communicate same to all people involved in a real estate investment
- Ability to lead process of making recommendations and executing initiatives to make a real estate portfolio more ESG compliant
Successful completion of a background screening
Full COVID-19 vaccination required
CP Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to all levels of Diversity.