SelectLeaders – SelectLeaders Managers /
GW Real Estate Partners is a multifamily development firm focused on building apartment communities in high-growth markets throughout the United States. We combine a strategic market approach, an entrepreneurial attitude and a commitment to creating great communities to optimize value for both our investors and residents. Our principles represent over 11,000+ units and $2.0+ billion in lead acquisition and development experience. GW Real Estate Partners is a lean, entrepreneurial firm focused on growing its development pipeline.
Job Description:Take a leadership position in the Development team with all aspects of real estate development including financial analyses, design, entitlement, government approvals and construction. The Development Manager will be responsible for interfacing with brokers, equity partners and institutional partners
- Lead the direction of third-party relationships to complete project design concept and building plans in accordance to approved scope of work.
- Manage and maintain positive relationships with the construction team to ensure construction projects are completed in a timely manner, designed according to plan and within budgetary guidelines.
- Works with the team to ensure the development and coordination of quality control procedures. Ensures all required Certificate of Occupancy and permits are obtained.
- Maintains on-going communications with the executive team, equity partners, and other key business leaders affiliated with the project to provide periodic updates on the progress against schedule and budgets, surfaces and resolves issues that may compromise the project delivery schedule or costs, and responds quickly and with urgency to questions, concerns, and requests for information.
- Works closely with the property management team to finalize budgets and project design plans, accepts units from construction on behalf of Owner and ensures all aspects of the project adhere to Company development standards.
- Perform financial analysis and due diligence for new development opportunities, assisting in underwriting and cash flow analysis, and responding to Requests for Qualifications or Proposals.
- Research potential sites by physically observing and visiting to better understand the market.
- Attend OAC meetings, visit job sites, and prepare required reports for ownership.
- Assist in coordinating construction draws, forecasting project budgets and cash flows, and managing project deliverables.
- Review vendor proposals, negotiate agreements, maintain vendor relationships, and process invoices.
- Assist in meeting coordination/scheduling, documenting meeting minutes, and file organization as directed.
- Organizes, leads, and/or participates in the due diligence on properties under contract, and develops documentation and recommendations on key findings that may affect the return and financial performance of the proposed deal.
- Conducts financial analysis of development opportunities, including the creation of detailed pro-forma and financial models.
- Gathers, compiles, investigates, and analyzes market data to identify potential development opportunities, and prepares narrative development memoranda, detailed reports, and market summaries that provide insights on proposed acquisitions.
- Identifies, investigates, and refers potential acquisitions and other real estate transactions to appropriate GW Real Estate Partner leadership, and assists in preparing financial, market, and other documents required for new business pitches and RFPs.
- 5-7 years of prior experience in real estate development.
- Successful execution of at least two multifamily developments.
- Thorough knowledge of the real estate development process.
- Entrepreneurial aptitude combined with a strong work ethic and the desire to learn.
- Skilled in both verbal and written communication
- Experience managing developments under deadlines that require the organizing of multiple tasks and objectives.
- Previous experience interfacing with brokers, equity partners, and institutional partners.
- Natural leader with the ability synthesizes a complex process and lead internal and external stakeholders to a successful execution.
- Strong real estate sense
- Ability to translate how decisions made during the development process impact potential financial performance of the asset.
- Strong analytical skills
- Attention to detail
Compensation to commensurate with experience.
Please apply through SelectLeaders/Bisnow. Do not contact employer directly.