Business Manager - Retreat Events
New York City /
Executive Retreats – Sales Director /
BISNOW is an industry leading, vertically integrated B2B platform serving the trillion-dollar commercial real estate industry across the U.S., Canada, UK and Ireland. Our mission is to inform, connect and advance the commercial real estate community to do more business. From events and news to marketing services, talent solutions and now DaaS, BISNOW reaches millions of all-digital readers as well as thousands of event attendees, speakers, sponsors, advertisers and businesses looking to do more deals within CRE.
Operating in almost 50 MSAs across North America, the UK and Europe, we tend to think globally, but strive to connect people hyper-locally.
So…. What are our Retreat Events?
Escape, Ascent, & Elevate are Bisnow's invite-only events for top investors and developers in the CRE industry. The traditional format for real estate events today is panels and business cards. For the past decade, our retreats have evolved the way real estate investors and developers gather and connect throughout the year.
How does it work?
Our Retreats Team is responsible for forging relationships with the most significant commercial real estate players in the nation. We don’t sell tickets to just anyone, we curate a community of thoughtful and prolific entrepreneurs and real estate leaders to share insights and develop relationships throughout the year, culminating at our annual retreats. The retreats are forty-two hours long and held at the 1 Hotel, combining three different elements we’ve found have delivered the highest value to our attendees: fun activities, TED style content from business leaders across disciplines outside of real estate, and relaxed networking amongst key decision makers. We’ve taken the CEOs of publicly traded companies skydiving and we’ve driven race cars with top CRE investors & developers.
- Build and maintain a sales pipeline from extensive research and prospecting
- Work closely with VP and senior sales managers to connect with prospects through multiple channels
- Manage sales cycle from start to finish to create own book of business - email marketing campaigns, sales pitch, follow up to close
- Maintain client and prospect information and data integrity in the CRM database (salesforce)
- Develop, leverage and manage the relationships of the influential power-players in order to utilize referrals to create a network of CRE game-changers
- Identify trends to drive innovation and execute unparalleled experiences both virtually and in-person
What are we looking for?
- 3-6 years of work experience
- Inherent knowledge of CRE or a strong interest/desire to be involved in the commercial real estate community
- Sales experience: know how to handle objections, how to research prospects, how to push someone to taking a meeting and most importantly, how to close a deal
- Being able to talk to prominent and aggressive professionals with ease and tact
- Excellent follow up, documentation and organizational skills, and persistence
What's in it for you?
- Competitive compensation structure
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance - effective the 1st of the month following your start date.
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance - this includes maternity and paternity leaves as well.
- Flexible Spending Account
- Dependent Care Account
- Unlimited Vacation Days
- 7 days paid sick leave
- 9 paid Holidays
- Referral Bonus Program
- Pet Friendly Offices
- You’ll get to work with incredibly smart, passionate, driven, ambitious, kind, caring and mindful people and will rarely experience an overload of policies, bureaucracy or toxicity (the latter, we do not tolerate).
$70,000 - $85,000 a year
Plus uncapped commissions & bonuses!
Get To Know Our Teams! < Click here for more info about Bisnow, Biscred & SelectLeaders!
Before applying, please read our values below. Our values describe and give insight into our culture. If you do not share the same values, this role will not be a mutually beneficial fit. If you do share these values and want to apply, we encourage you to do so.
Our values demand that we be curious, self-aware, fearless, consistent. We say yes to seemingly insurmountable challenges because we dare ourselves to push further. And we go the distance because we are individually and collectively entrepreneurial, always asking: Why can’t it be done? We find a way because we care more than the competition. We embrace team and disown ego. We are ruthlessly disciplined and unabashedly kind. We unreservedly challenge the status quo and vigorously fight for new levels of excellence. We believe the difference between good and great is exceptional communication. We obsess over creating value for our team and our customers. We push ourselves and our industry to be more inclusive, to champion diversity and to fight racism, gender bias and all forms of inequality. We never peak. We never quit. We never have excuses. We own our failures and we commit to being smarter and stronger because of them. We give our best today and even better tomorrow. We are here to win.