Deputy East Coast Editor
Washington DC /
Editorial – Editors /
This position must sit in Washington, D.C. or be willing to relocate to D.C. Hybrid office/remote opportunity.
BISNOW is an industry leading, vertically integrated B2B platform serving the trillion dollar commercial real estate industry across U.S., Canada, the UK and Ireland.
Our mission is to inform, connect and advance the commercial real estate community to do more business. From events and news to marketing services, talent solutions and now DaaS, BISNOW reaches millions of all-digital readers as well as thousands of event attendees, speakers, sponsors, advertisers and businesses looking to do more deals within CRE.
Operating in almost 50 MSAs across North America, the UK and Europe, we tend to think globally, but strive to connect people hyper-locally.
Bisnow is seeking a seasoned, razor-sharp editor to help lead, report and build our burgeoning commercial real estate news operations. We’re in the business of delivering intelligence at the intersection of international commercial real estate and politics, sports, entertainment, business, technology and beyond. Bisnow is seeking a thorough editor with a deep passion for the news who can help us continue to expand our ambitions.
- Work directly under the senior East Coast Editor in editorial planning and hands-on execution for day-to-day coverage of Washington, D.C., New York City, Atlanta and Boston, long-term packages and special projects for Bisnow.com and our large stable of newsletters.
- Assist in managing a team of full-time reporters and freelancers, including organization and professional growth.
- Assign articles and line edit online articles, newsletters and morning briefs.
- Write articles covering Washington, D.C., commercial real estate news.
- Attend industry events hosted by BISNOW in Washington, D.C.
What are we looking for?
- Must live in or be willing to relocate to Washington, D.C.
- Minimum 5 years of experience working on an editorial team, including experience managing a team of reporters.
- Experience in business reporting required; experience in commercial real estate reporting a major plus.
- Clear, friendly, hyper-organized, goals-based management style.
- Demonstrated experience as a skilled, thorough and conscientious storyteller.
- Experience editing and recruiting high-caliber writers and editors.
- An eye for quality journalism, as well as stories with viral/share potential.
- Excellent news judgment.
- Familiarity with Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Extensive experience working in content management systems.
- Basic SEO knowledge.
What's in it for you?
- Competitive compensation structure!
- Unlimited vacation.
- Health, dental, vision, commuter, short term disability and 401k benefits.
- You’ll get to work with incredibly smart, passionate, driven, ambitious, kind, caring and mindful people and will rarely experience an overload of policies, bureaucracy or toxicity (the latter, we do not tolerate).
Our values demand that we be curious, self-aware, fearless, consistent. We say yes to seemingly insurmountable challenges because we dare ourselves to push further. And we go the distance because we are individually and collectively entrepreneurial, always asking: Why can’t it be done? We find a way because we care more than the competition. We embrace team and disown ego. We are ruthlessly disciplined and unabashedly kind. We unreservedly challenge the status quo and vigorously fight for new levels of excellence. We believe the difference between good and great is exceptional communication. We obsess over creating value for our team and our customers. We push ourselves and our industry to be more inclusive, to champion diversity and to fight racism, gender bias and all forms of inequality. We never peak. We never quit. We never have excuses. We own our failures and we commit to being smarter and stronger because of them. We give our best today and even better tomorrow. We are here to win.