CP Group-Managing Director of Property Management (Office)
Atlanta / Boca Raton / Miami
SelectLeaders – SelectLeaders Managers /
Our SelectLeader's client CP Group has been active in the commercial real estate business for over 35 years. CP Group (formerly Crocker Partners) has established a reputation as a premier owner, operator, and developer of office and mixed-use projects throughout the Southeast and Southwest United States. Since 1986, CP Group has acquired and managed over 165 properties, totaling 55 million square feet, and representing $7.0 billion invested. They are currently Florida's largest and Atlanta's second-largest office landlord, ranking 25th largest in the United States. CP Group is headquartered in Boca Raton with a second corporate office in Atlanta and regional offices in Miami, Jacksonville, Dallas, Denver and Washington DC.
The Managing Director of Property Management will provide property management leadership to our portfolio with a focus on developing and elevating property and team performance and implementing best practices while meeting investment and owner objectives. The Managing Director of Property Management will also be tasked with overseeing and managing the company’s procurement system with goals of reducing acquisition costs, increasing quality of service, standardizing purchasing terms, and ensuring compliance with our ESG initiatives.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead the formulation and implementation of strategies to enhance portfolio value through cost-effective procurement initiatives, negotiating favorable terms with supplier and vendors, and actively participating in cost mitigation strategies.
- Establish and standardize contracts and business documents, including the development of RFPs and KPI performance metrics, to streamline the procurement process and support the acquisition of goods and services across the portfolio.
- Oversee various projects ensuring timely completion while fostering clear and transparent communication with both internal and external stakeholders regarding project updates and milestones.
- Implement standardized processes and procedures across the property management platform and ensure compliance.
- Drive thought leadership and continuous improvement by overseeing an environment focused on excellence and achieving market leading property performance.
- Create a team environment that fosters and delivers operational excellence, performance, and accountability.
- Oversee the General Managers and Chief Engineers and establish systems and culture that allow them to effectively manage their teams as an extension of you.
- Lead the annual property operating and capital expense budgeting process. Establish and enforce protocols to ensure properties operate within approved budgets.
- Ensure the property management department and each asset team have the resources required to be successful.
- Invest in your team: manage, train, mentor and continually develop property team members. Seek out and implement best-in-class training programs to foster continued growth.
- Prepare overall annual budget for department and operate department within approved budget. Devise methods to improve departmental profitability, including appropriate levels of staffing.
- Develop and maintain ethical, professional, and courteous relationships with all service providers, tenants, and stakeholders.
- Drive implementation of client experience and customer relationship and engagement programs with focus on elevating and differentiating the tenant experience.
- Emphasize financial administration efficiencies and property NOI performance to help achieve ownership and investment objectives.
- Ability to engage and partner with various CP Group disciplines including asset management, project development/construction, new business generation and cross functional organizational groups.
- Work with property teams to support key tasks for ownership including reporting and presentation requirements.
- Ensure jurisdictional licensing, governmental, industry and company compliance requirements are achieved and maintained.
- Represent CP Group in business, community and industry organizations and groups.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution (preferred)
- Fifteen or more years of property management experience with at least five years in a leadership position managing teams.
- Must have experience with procurement processes including vendors, negotiating contracts, and managing supplier relationships.
- Position based in South Florida or Atlanta; travel expectation > 20%
- Well-developed analytical, interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to express and communicate effectively verbally and in writing including a proficiency in business writing.
- Ability to manage and prioritize tasks in a high volume fast paced environment.
- Capable of delivering results on time, on budget
- Strong negotiation skills
- Must complete background screening
- Full COVID-19 vaccine required
CP Group is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates are integral to our continued success. CP Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other status protected under federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.