SelectLeaders – SelectLeaders Accounting /
In a time of opportunity, REM Capital is changing the way multifamily investment is done. In a time of uncertainty, we’re an operator with decades of experience and a deep bench. In a time of unprecedented growth and prosperity, there is always opportunity for the disciplined and persistent. Is it possible to be cutting edge and conservative? It’s keeping the best of the “old” while adding the best of the “new”. At REM Capital we’re challenging ourselves to re-think the proverbial “box”. How can we provide superior value at a competitive price - to our residents, to our investment partners, and to our communities. We challenge ourselves to take 100% personal responsibility for everything we do. What if we all treated our investment like we owned it - how would that look? We’d like to welcome you to REM Capital.
Responsible for the Property & Corporate Accounting functions of REM and to lead its staff in carrying out the department’s mission – to be a resource for site and corporate staff, residents, and investors by providing timely and accurate information in an efficient manner. The Property Controller will work directly with the CEO and be a key member of the team.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees the activities of the Property and Corporate Accounting departments for the accurate and timely dissemination of financial information, including but not limited to internal and external monthly financial statements, and annual budgets.
- Oversee the activities of Accounts Payable to ensure accurate and timely payment of invoices and information reporting while focusing on processing efficiencies and analysis of expenses for savings opportunities.
- Maintain general ledger and payment processing systems and controls to verify the integrity of all systems, processes, and data.
- Assist with asset management including sales and refinances, property insurance, cash flow, property condition and rehab projects.
- Assist with investor management including communications, distributions, and partner buyouts.
- Assist with property insurance, tax & audit reporting, and CPA firm management.
- Assist with other high-profile projects including complex financial modeling, development project funding and owner communication.
- Lead and manage RESMAN initiatives that make the team and company more efficient.
- Compile special reports as requested by corporate staff.
- Provide leadership and talent management for members of the accounting department.
- Maintain controls and efficient processing of cash/treasury management transactions.
- Responsible for bank reporting compliance, including loan covenants.
- Ability to assimilate and assess high level information to provide critical/timely feedback to fellow management team.
- Achieve massive synergies by successfully integrating into a high performing “can-do” leadership team.
- Bachelor’s degree required, with emphasis on accounting and finance.
- 5 - 10 years of related work experience, preferably in multifamily property management or real estate.
- Strong general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and systems knowledge.
- Proficient computer skills, including operating a Windows-based environment, Excel, word processing, etc.
- 2+ years supervisory experience required.
- CPA certification is a plus. RESMAN experience is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions.
- Possess a high level of problem solving and investigative skills.
- Ability to relate positively with a diverse contingency – i.e., other divisions within Company, employees, vendors, residents.
- Ability to understand priorities and shift priorities as necessary.
- Ability to work with a minimum of supervision – must be highly motivated and self-directed.
- Ability to appropriately use initiative in all aspects of the job.
- Understand and adhere to organizational policies and procedures.
- Appropriately maintain financial and other confidential information.
- Be a visible leader for the company and industry and company functions.