Financial Analyst for Institutional Property Advisors
New York City /
SelectLeaders – SelectLeaders Analysts /
SelectLeader's is hiring a junior level Financial Analyst for our client, Institutional Property Advisors. Must have 4 - 6 months minimum of professional Argus Enterprise experience.
Who We Are
Institutional Property Advisors’ roots stretch back to 1971, when our founders, George Marcus and William Millichap, revolutionized the commercial real estate brokerage industry with a business model dedicated to maximizing value for investors. With this core principle as our guiding light, our team of forward-thinking investment advisors and our collaborative approach enables us to produce industry-leading results, year after year. With more than 80 offices across North America and five decades of experience to draw on, we help our clients manage risk and craft strategies with a proven model that is ever evolving. Every transaction informs the future and we use knowledge gained to further guide and improve our investment real estate brokerage services.
What is the Role
Institutional Property Advisors is seeking a Financial Analyst based in New York, NY, who reports to the firm’s Director or Property Marketing. The individual will work as part of a team of in-house financial analysts and research analysts providing financial analysis support to a select group of IPA Retail agents. This role will work to directly support the team’s Lead Financial Analyst and Senior Financial Analyst, with a niche focus in institutional-quality retail shopping centers.
Responsibilities and Requirements
- Build, edit, and manipulate complex financial cash flow models using Argus Enterprise.
- Analyze, review, and interpret real estate source documents, including operating statements, rent rolls, budgets, loan documents, operating statements, leases, and other due diligence material
- Research market conditions in support of financial underwriting assumptions
- Compile and present the results of analyses and effectively address questionsIdentify critical property level financial issues and make recommendations
- Develop disposition strategies in conjunction with team members and clients
- Assist in the production of property offering memorandums which will be used to actively market retail assets to the marketplacePerform location, market, property, retail tenant and economic research to be used in property marketing materials
- Research and comprehend rent and sales comparables using CoStar and RCA as part of the valuation process with an ability to make cold calls to gather necessary information
- Coordinate collection of due diligence materialWork successfully within a high-volume environment supporting agents in all four time zones.
- Work successfully within a high-volume environment supporting agents in all four time zones.
Experience and Education
- Bachelor's degree with high academic achievement in Real Estate, Finance, Accounting, or Economics preferred but not required
- Must have advanced knowledge using Argus Enterprise to underwrite shopping centers or office buildings
- 1-2 years experience in a commercial real estate position whether in brokerage, appraisal, or for an ownership group, preferably focused on retail shopping centers, or institutional office assets
- Proven experience in abstracting lease agreements
- Proven experience and proficiency in building complex retail cash flow models
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Intellectual curiosity with a demonstrated enthusiasm for the commercial real estate industry
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills in combination with outstanding communication skills (both oral and written)
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong attention to detail
- Ability to work successfully with “Type A” personalities and effectively within a team and with all levels of personnel