Full Stack Developer - Remote
New York City /
TECH – Developer II /
This is a remote position. Must sit in U.S.
BISNOW is an industry leading, vertically integrated B2B platform serving the trillion dollar commercial real estate industry across North America, Canada, the UK and Ireland.
Our mission is to inform, connect and advance the commercial real estate community to do more business. From events and news to marketing services, talent solutions and now DaaS, BISNOW reaches millions of all-digital readers as well as thousands of event attendees, speakers, sponsors, advertisers and businesses looking to do more deals within CRE.
Operating in almost 50 MSAs across North America, the UK and Europe, we tend to think globally, but strive to connect people hyper-locally.
The Software Developer creates advanced, high quality code product across the company’s technical stack. This individual is a creative problem solver and innovative self-starter who brings front-end and back-end expertise to the team -- effective at database work, proficient at writing, testing and maintaining application code and a solid team member and collaborator. The development team is distributed and working remote across the lines of business, on the web stack, the data pipeline and the consumer facing products. This role requires familiarity with PHP and specifically the Laravel framework.
- Create efficient and maintainable code that achieves business and technical requirements
- Write unit tests for all code and aim for quality as a top priority
- Gain an understanding of the business so as to participate actively in product development and technical architecture
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with other departments to refine requirements and specifications
- Create technical documentation to guide and speed future development
- Develop reports and data visualizations for internal and customer-facing use
- Troubleshoot, debug, maintain and improve existing software
- Deploy code to development, staging and production environments
- Stay current on the latest technologies and trends with an eye to advancing the business
- Identify and recommend technical and process improvements
- Participate in peer code reviews and approve features for final review
- Work with the team on developing practical solutions, innovations, and estimation of effort and time
What are we looking for?
- Relevant work experience
- PHP programming experience
- Laravel framework experience is a MUST (Must be using this framework in current role)
- Database design and development skills
- Docker, Vue.js experience desired
- Desired but not required: Google Analytics, Snowplow, Python
- Degree in Computer Science or related field
What's in it for you?
- Competitive compensation structure!
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance - effective the 1st of the month following your start date.
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance - this includes maternity and paternity leaves as well.
- Flexible Spending Account
- Dependent Care Account
- Unlimited Vacation Days
- 7 days paid sick leave
- 9 paid Holidays
- Referral Bonus Program
- Pet Friendly Offices
- You’ll get to work with incredibly smart, passionate, driven, ambitious, kind, caring and mindful people and will rarely experience an overload of policies, bureaucracy or toxicity (the latter, we do not tolerate).
Before applying, please read our values below. Our values describe and give insight into our culture. If you do not share the same values, this role will not be a mutually beneficial fit. If you do share these values and want to apply, we encourage you to do so.
Our values demand that we be curious, self-aware, fearless, consistent. We say yes to seemingly insurmountable challenges because we dare ourselves to push further. And we go the distance because we are individually and collectively entrepreneurial, always asking: Why can’t it be done? We find a way because we care more than the competition. We embrace team and disown ego. We are ruthlessly disciplined and unabashedly kind. We unreservedly challenge the status quo and vigorously fight for new levels of excellence. We believe the difference between good and great is exceptional communication. We obsess over creating value for our team and our customers. We push ourselves and our industry to be more inclusive, to champion diversity and to fight racism, gender bias and all forms of inequality. We never peak. We never quit. We never have excuses. We own our failures and we commit to being smarter and stronger because of them. We give our best today and even better tomorrow. We are here to win.