Accounts Receivable Supervisor
New York City /
Accounting – SR Accountant /
BISNOW is an industry leading, vertically integrated B2B platform serving the trillion-dollar commercial real estate industry across North America, Canada, the UK and Ireland.
Our mission is to inform, connect and advance the commercial real estate community to do more business. From events and news to marketing services, talent solutions and now DaaS, BISNOW reaches millions of all-digital readers as well as thousands of event attendees, speakers, sponsors, advertisers and businesses looking to do more deals within CRE.
Operating in almost 50 MSA’s across North America, the UK and Europe, we tend to think globally, but strive to connect people hyper-locally.
We are looking for an Accounts Receivable Supervisor to physically sit in NYC and report into the office 2 - 3 days per week at 123 William St - hybrid from home.
- Reconcile credit card receipts from the merchant account to the bank statement and apply cash receipts for tickets sales
- Approve sales orders
- Produce invoices (in conjunction with the ops team) in NetSuite from Salesforce.
- Prepare upfront billing.
- Prepare invoices for our Job board & Executive Search firm, SelectLeaders.
- Reconcile Bisnow Event Revenue in Salesforce with Invoices.
- Prepare bookings file and reconcile revenue in NetSuite & Salesforce.
- Record deferred revenue for monthly billing and revenue recognition.
- Post deferred revenue for upfront billing and maintain reconciliation/analyses of deferred revenue.
- Maintain change order records and update invoices accordingly.
- Process chargebacks as needed.
- Keep accurate records of customers with the sales team.
- Manage the collection process - letters/calls/coordinate with the sales team.
- Run aging reports monthly; reconcile to ledger.
- Evaluate collectability and recommend reserves.
- Respond to customer inquiries-(W-9 updates, event registration forms, vendor forms etc.…)
- Approve Expenses in Expensify
- Answer all incoming calls
What are we looking for?
- 2 - 5 years of proven work experience in an Accounts Receivable role
- Very strong interpersonal skills experience
- Hands-on experience with NetSuite a plus
- Proficient with MS Excel
- Excellent analytical skills along with the ability to create and present detailed reports
- Problem-solving attitude
- Ability to learn systems quickly
- BS degree in Accounting or Finance a plus or working towards
- Ability if necessary to work remotely and independently
- Willingness to work overtime when necessary
- Entrepreneurial mindset, self-discipline, organized and ambitious work ethic
What's in it for you?
- Competitive compensation structure!
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance - effective the 1st of the month following your start date.
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance - this includes maternity and paternity leaves as well.
- Flexible Spending Account
- Dependent Care Account
- Unlimited Vacation Days
- 7 days paid sick leave
- 9 paid Holidays
- Referral Bonus Program
- You’ll get to work with incredibly smart, passionate, driven, ambitious, kind, caring and mindful people and will rarely experience an overload of policies, bureaucracy or toxicity (the latter, we do not tolerate).
$70,000 - $90,000 a year
Get to Know Our Teams! < Click here for more info about Bisnow, Biscred & SelectLeaders!
Before applying, please read our values below. Our values describe and give insight into our culture. If you do not share the same values, this role will not be a mutually beneficial fit. If you do share these values and want to apply, we encourage you to do so.
Our values demand that we be curious, self-aware, fearless, consistent. We say yes to seemingly insurmountable challenges because we dare ourselves to push further. And we go the distance because we are individually and collectively entrepreneurial, always asking: Why can’t it be done? We find a way because we care more than the competition. We embrace team and disown ego. We are ruthlessly disciplined and unabashedly kind. We unreservedly challenge the status quo and vigorously fight for new levels of excellence. We believe the difference between good and great is exceptional communication. We obsess over creating value for our team and our customers. We push ourselves and our industry to be more inclusive, to champion diversity and to fight racism, gender bias and all forms of inequality. We never peak. We never quit. We never have excuses. We own our failures and we commit to being smarter and stronger because of them. We give our best today and even better tomorrow. We are here to win.