Data Team Lead
Biscred – Data Team /
The Biscred data team’s mission is to build and maintain a best-in-class, industry standard data set for commercial real estate contact and company information. We are looking for a Team Lead who takes ownership over a growing and ever-changing data collection program. The Team Lead needs to be a leader, operationally minded, and creative problem solver who is passionate about data, to lead a research team in this newly formed division of Bisnow, focused on selling DaaS. This is a unique opportunity to share in the excitement of a cutting-edge new technology product within CRE with huge growth potential. This person will have an expert level understanding of the data, its structure, and its application to the CRE industry. This person will dive into every aspect of the team performance to drive success.
Biscred, a Bisnow company, is a sales enablement and prospecting tool that allows you to find prospects throughout the commercial real estate industry more efficiently through an easy-to-use, intelligent database.
Biscred expertly leverages the intelligence and industry experience from CRE's largest B2B platform: Bisnow. Built on the foundation of the media empire's 11 million readers across 50 markets, Biscred's database has been meticulously researched to identify, validate, categorize, and verify the contacts sales people need--and filter out the ones they don't.
Whether you're looking for high-rise multifamily unit developers or owners of new retail properties, we've got the fastest path to finding them. Our search attributes and intuitive data infrastructure are designed for navigating the nuances of commercial real estate. With Biscred, you can spend more time selling to prospects and waste less time trying to find them.
Become the right hand person of our Head of Research to oversee various aspects of the operation, and independently deliver key outcomes. This person will balance both the day to day needs of the operation while also driving unique projects intended to ensure data quality, and improve operational efficiency.
- Create and roll out new team processes and procedures i.e. data set consistency
- Develop team training programs to drive quality and expertise across the group
- Mentor a group of four junior level employees focused on data quality initiatives
- Deliver software and process documentation
- Oversee the day to day operations of various international research teams
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with team members to guide, coach, and teach
- Build a high performing team culture centered around production and quality
- Drive the team to achieve production goals through oversight, process review, and leadership
- Ensure top data quality by owning and executing daily QA processes
- Complete needed projects by organizing, assigning, and tracking team workflow
- Ensure the team is staffed appropriately by monitoring team size, and managing sourcing and hiring
- Ensure team success by running new researcher training programs
- Become an expert in commercial real estate to instill expertise within the team
- Create new sources of workflow for the team
- Deliver daily and weekly reports to comment on team performance
- Facilitate data testing feedback loop with internal experts
- Diagnose issues in data quality, gaps in coverage, and errors in logic
- Assist in rolling out new software, and software changes to the team
- Improve the team’s research methodology and relay updates with needed documentation
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- 3 - 6 years of experience leading international teams in a data operations or data product environment
- Self-motivated, goal-focused attitude with a high sense of urgency
- Enthusiastic and inspirational communication style to motivate large teams
- Prior experience leading international teams in a data operations or data product environment
- Can take complex concepts and break them down into teachable chunks
- Business or operations background/education
- Clear, direct, and flexible communications skills that can adapt to any audience.
- Data and logic driven mindset
- Ability to pivot operations quickly when requirements change
- Intense attention to detail
- Rapid learning ability
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple initiatives
- Deep and entrepreneurial sense of ownership over team success
- Interest in commercial real estate
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Competitive compensation structure!
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance - effective the 1st of the month following your start date.
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance - this includes maternity and paternity leaves as well.
- Flexible Spending Account
- Dependent Care Account
- Unlimited Vacation Days
- 7 days paid sick leave
- 9 paid Holidays
- Referral Bonus Program
- Pet Friendly Offices
- You’ll get to work with incredibly smart, passionate, driven, ambitious, kind, caring and mindful people and will rarely experience an overload of policies, bureaucracy or toxicity (the latter, we do not tolerate).
Before applying, please read our values below. Our values describe and give insight into our culture. If you do not share the same values, this role will not be a mutually beneficial fit. If you do share these values and want to apply, we encourage you to do so.
Our values demand that we be curious, self-aware, fearless, consistent. We say yes to seemingly insurmountable challenges because we dare ourselves to push further. And we go the distance because we are individually and collectively entrepreneurial, always asking: Why can’t it be done? We find a way because we care more than the competition. We embrace team and disown ego. We are ruthlessly disciplined and unabashedly kind. We unreservedly challenge the status quo and vigorously fight for new levels of excellence. We believe the difference between good and great is exceptional communication. We obsess over creating value for our team and our customers. We push ourselves and our industry to be more inclusive, to champion diversity and to fight racism, gender bias and all forms of inequality. We never peak. We never quit. We never have excuses. We own our failures and we commit to being smarter and stronger because of them. We give our best today and even better tomorrow. We are here to win.