Senior Market Research Analyst for Institutional Property Advisors
New York City /
SelectLeaders – SelectLeaders Analysts /
Who We Are
Institutional Property Advisors’ roots stretch back to 1971, when our founders, George Marcus and William Millichap, revolutionized the commercial real estate brokerage industry with a business model dedicated to maximizing value for investors. With this core principle as our guiding light, our team of forward-thinking investment advisors and our collaborative approach enables us to produce industry-leading results, year after year. With more than 80 offices across North America and five decades of experience to draw on, we help our clients manage risk and craft strategies with a proven model that is ever evolving. Every transaction informs the future and we use knowledge gained to further guide and improve our investment real estate brokerage services.
What is the Role
Institutional Property Advisors is seeking a Senior Market Research Analyst based in New York, NY who reports to the firm’s Director of Property Marketing. The individual who fills this corporate level role will work as part of a team of in-house financial analysts and designers providing market data and written positioning for institutional-level assignments in all asset types, but with a focus in institutional retail. This role will have one direct report based in Calabasas, CA.
Responsibilities and Requirements
- Conduct submarket research, identifying pertinent commercial real estate data to copywrite investment and location rationales, for high-profile brokerage teams in offering memorandums and proposals.
- Perform sub-market location research to identify local economic drivers, leasing trends, demographic trends, employment trends, rental trends, and recent/future developments.
- Prepare market write ups and overviews for high level offering memorandums and proposals, synthesizing compiled data to craft a concise narrative
- Research and analyze market conditions in local, regional, or national areas leveraging data sources such as Costar, Real Capital Analytics, Placer.ai and proprietary internal research tools
- Analyze and interpret data to assess market's economic environment and to evaluate commercial real estate opportunities and trends
- Work directly with the research and data team to support data mining projects to assess commercial real estate market conditions in the United States and Canada.
- Find and recommend comparable property sales and lease for all product types.
- Work successfully with designers, financial analysts, and brokerage teams to meet mission critical deadlines within a high-volume environment across all four time zones.
- Be at the forefront of PropTech to recommend and spearhead new data sources and technologies internally
Experience and Education
- Bachelor's Degree in Real Estate, Law, Finance or Business Administration 4+ years of professional analysis in commercial real estate General understanding of all commercial real estate asset types
- Ability to translate data and information into clear writing with acute attention to detail
- Exceptional writing, reading, comprehension, and data analysis skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel is essential Strong internet research skills
- Operate on the leading edge of real estate research technology by proactively learning new skills and software tools.
- Excellent business vocabulary and grammar