Live Event Producer (Data Centers + Local CRE Events)
New York City /
Event Production – Event Producer /
Bisnow is looking for someone with 1 - 5 years of Commercial Real Estate experience (including property management, research, development, finance and work in Data Centers (technology)) or Live Event Production (identifying key topics/prospecting speakers) experience. The selected candidate for this role will be based at the NYC office, located at 123 William Street, in a hybrid capacity. Must be willing to travel once a month.
BISNOW is an industry leading, vertically integrated B2B platform serving the trillion dollar commercial real estate industry across North America, Canada, the UK and Ireland.
Our mission is to inform, connect and advance the commercial real estate community to do more business. From events and news to marketing services, talent solutions and now DaaS, BISNOW reaches millions of all-digital readers as well as thousands of event attendees, speakers, sponsors, advertisers and businesses looking to do more deals within CRE.
Operating in almost 50 MSA’s across North America, the UK and Europe, we tend to think globally, but strive to connect people hyper-locally.
- Identify potential speakers & establish contact with said individuals; persistently recruit prospects using phone and email.
- Educate potential speakers on why it makes sense to spend their time speaking at one of your events.
- With your team, build from scratch and then manage the event experience. This involves researching out-of-the-box content ideas, recruiting and placing C-level executives on each conference, working side-by-side with sales to drive sponsorship and managing the event experience throughout the entire process.
- Work with different departments at Bisnow to reach goals that can often be lofty. Bisnow is a sales-driven business and this role is one that requires an individual who can work with and support the sales team in achieving shared goals, no matter how ambitious they might be.
- Utilize and establish contacts within the community to promote Bisnow and event attendance including partnerships with associations and local groups.
- Diligently research CRE, programming ideas and top-notch speakers for your events.
- Manage speaker relations and touchpoints - from the idea of the event to day-of execution.
- Provide excellent service, support and communication to event speakers & sponsors.
- Lead pre and post-event meetings by providing direction, guidance, and feedback to all involved.
- Constantly look for innovative solutions to improve content and the attendee experience at your events.
- Persistently brainstorm fresh and relevant topic ideas with your teams to adapt to trends within the industry.
- Keep communication lines open through all departments on the status of events and projects.
- Work collaboratively and cooperatively with members of all other departments.
- Manage multiple events in various stages of production. This requires you to be extremely organized, detailed and have good time management skills.
What are we looking for?
- 1 - 5 years of proven experience in event production and execution, preferably in the technology or data center industry OR proven experience in conducting commercial real estate, technology or data center-focused research.
- Passion for commercial real estate and technology trends and a keen interest or understanding in the data center industry.
- Detail-oriented and deadline-driven, with very strong project management and meticulous organizational skills.
- Ability to manage, develop and launch multiple projects under time-sensitive deadlines.
- Great teammate with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Hands-on, roll up your sleeves worth ethic. Tenacity is expected.
- The ability to establish and maintain relationships with key people in CRE.
- Commitment to accuracy, quality, consistency and transparency.
- Creativity and a healthy sense of humor.
- Flexibility and the ability to handle situations creatively as well as jump into projects as needed and the initiative to notice a need and offer assistance where applicable.
- Receptive to feedback and always open to constructive criticism.
- Ability to work in a high-energy, fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated interest in commercial real estate.
- Researcher mindset and critical thinker: innate hustle, raw intelligence, infectious enthusiasm and intellectual curiosity.
- Entrepreneurial and ambitious.
- Never give up attitude. Positive mental state of mind and a strong desire to be challenged on a daily basis.
What's in it for you?
- Competitive compensation structure!
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance - effective the 1st of the month following your start date.
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance - this includes maternity and paternity leaves as well.
- Flexible Spending Account
- Dependent Care Account
- Unlimited Vacation Days
- 7 days paid sick leave
- 9 paid Holidays
- Referral Bonus Program
- Pet Friendly Offices
- You’ll get to work with incredibly smart, passionate, driven, ambitious, kind, caring and mindful people and will rarely experience an overload of policies, bureaucracy or toxicity (the latter, we do not tolerate).
$55,000 - $65,000 a year
+ quarterly bonuses based on aggregate total event revenue for the events which you are responsible & KPIs set by your manager.
Get to Know Our Teams! < Click here for more info about Bisnow, Biscred & SelectLeaders!
Before applying, please read our values below. Our values describe and give insight into our culture. If you do not share the same values, this role will not be a mutually beneficial fit. If you do share these values and want to apply, we encourage you to do so.
Our values demand that we be curious, self-aware, fearless, consistent. We say yes to seemingly insurmountable challenges because we dare ourselves to push further. And we go the distance because we are individually and collectively entrepreneurial, always asking: Why can’t it be done? We find a way because we care more than the competition. We embrace team and disown ego. We are ruthlessly disciplined and unabashedly kind. We unreservedly challenge the status quo and vigorously fight for new levels of excellence. We believe the difference between good and great is exceptional communication. We obsess over creating value for our team and our customers. We push ourselves and our industry to be more inclusive, to champion diversity and to fight racism, gender bias and all forms of inequality. We never peak. We never quit. We never have excuses. We own our failures and we commit to being smarter and stronger because of them. We give our best today and even better tomorrow. We are here to win.