Washington, D.C. /
Event Management – Event Manager /
Bisnow is looking for an Event Manager to join our DC team in Commercial Real Estate Advertising & Event Networking. There's tons of room for career growth to an Associate Event Director role & more. We love career growth!
BISNOW is an industry leading, vertically integrated B2B platform serving the trillion dollar commercial real estate industry across North America, Canada, the UK and Ireland. Our mission is to inform, connect and advance the commercial real estate community to do more business. From events and news to marketing services, talent solutions and now DaaS, BISNOW reaches millions of all-digital readers as well as thousands of event attendees, speakers, sponsors, advertisers and businesses looking to do more deals within CRE. Operating in almost 50 MSA’s across North America, the UK and Europe, we tend to think globally, but strive to connect people hyper-locally.
- Facilitate all on-site coordination for Bisnow live events within the DC team area.
- Ensure that venues, AV, catering and party rental are all confirmed prior to the event; ability to work on tight deadlines.
- Establish and maintain relationships with vendors & venue staff within our targeted markets.
- Order/pick up name-tags and signage prior to the event and set up registration before guests arrive.
- Bring all event signage and material to event space prior to the start of the event, set-up event materials, and ensure that all is safely removed from the event once concluded.
- Manage on-site ticket requests and charges through Bisnow's square account.
- Coordinate with Bisnow Clients who are sponsoring the event to ensure that they are pleased and supported throughout the entire process.
- Provide social media, marketing and sales support (event videos, photos and sponsor presentations) to internal teams.
- Work with party rental vendors to set up Stage, Chairs and AV.
- Research and understand competitive conferences to ultimately finalize conference dates/times.
- This is a dynamic role that fits high energy, collaborative and smart event coordinators.
What are we looking for?
- 0-1 year of Event Coordination or Management experience required
- Entrepreneurial mindset, self discipline, organized and ambitious work ethic
- A positive and energetic attitude with exceptional communication skills
- Ability to work in a high-energy, sales-team
- Flexibility matched with dependability
What's in it for you?
- Competitive compensation structure!
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance - effective the 1st of the month following your start date.
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance - this includes maternity and paternity leaves as well.
- 401K Profit Sharing Plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- Dependent Care Account
- Unlimited Vacation Days
- 7 days paid sick leave
- 9 paid Holidays
- Referral Bonus Program
- Pet Friendly Offices
- You’ll get to work with incredibly smart, passionate, driven, ambitious, kind, caring and mindful people and will rarely experience an overload of policies, bureaucracy or toxicity (the latter, we do not tolerate).
Our values demand that we be curious, self-aware, fearless, consistent. We say yes to seemingly insurmountable challenges because we dare ourselves to push further. And we go the distance because we are individually and collectively entrepreneurial, always asking: Why can’t it be done? We find a way because we care more than the competition. We embrace team and disown ego. We are ruthlessly disciplined and unabashedly kind. We unreservedly challenge the status quo and vigorously fight for new levels of excellence. We believe the difference between good and great is exceptional communication. We obsess over creating value for our team and our customers. We push ourselves and our industry to be more inclusive, to champion diversity and to fight racism, gender bias and all forms of inequality. We never peak. We never quit. We never have excuses. We own our failures and we commit to being smarter and stronger because of them. We give our best today and even better tomorrow. We are here to win.