Data Operations & Quality Specialist
Biscred – Data Team /
BISNOW is an industry leading, vertically integrated B2B platform serving the trillion dollar commercial real estate industry across the U.S., Canada, the UK and Ireland. We are looking for a Data Specialist who takes ownership of the data collection to help run a newly formed division of the company focused entirely on selling DaaS.
Our mission is to inform, connect and advance the commercial real estate community to do more business. From events and news to marketing services, talent solutions and now DaaS, BISNOW reaches millions of all-digital readers as well as thousands of event attendees, speakers, sponsors, advertisers and businesses looking to do more deals within CRE.
Operating in almost 50 MSAs across North America and Europe, we tend to think globally, but strive to connect people hyper-locally.
The Data Team’s mission is to build and maintain the best-in-class, industry standard data set for commercial real estate contact and company information. Internally we call this position a Data Specialist. We are looking for someone entry-level who takes ownership of the data collection and quality assurance processes. This individual is obsessed with the details, seeks to bring a spirit of excellence to all their work, can spot an error a mile a way, and always knows the “why” behind every methodology decision. BISNOW has a tremendous amount of data which we are able to leverage intelligently to drive our core business and we are excited to take this data to market with our first DaaS product. This is a unique opportunity to share in the excitement of a cutting-edge new technology product within CRE with huge growth potential.
- Understands our methodology and processes at a deep level, and seeks to constantly improve them
- Becomes a process expert by completing research each day
- Completes daily quality assurance tasks to help drive quality at every level of the team.
- Provides timely and detailed feedback to team members
- Delivers timely reporting on quality to managers
- Assists with trainings and feedback sessions for team members
- Meets regularly with supervisor to review quality, and take on new quality assignments
- Diagnose issues in data quality, gaps in coverage, and errors in logic
- Drives projects to completion to improve quality and efficiency
- Write queries to locate systematic errors within the database, and collaborate with the tech team to oversee the updates.
- Write methodology to map old fields into new taxonomy.
- Create and maintain reports that show daily research production, and overall progress towards team goals.
- Evaluate public sources of data and develop projects to systematically retrieve and store data.
- Help design and create prioritization within existing backlogs by integrating data from internal data sources.
- Enhance team velocity via designing automated solutions.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- 0 - 1 years of prior relevant experience and/or education in Statistics, Business, Finance or Operations
- Degree preferred
- Self-motivated, goal-focused attitude with high sense of urgency
- Clear, direct, and flexible communications skills that can adapt to any audience
- Data and logic driven mindset
- Intense attention to detail
- Rapid learning ability
- Deep and entrepreneurial sense of ownership over team success
- Interest in commercial real estate
- Able to focus for long periods of time
- Flexibility to work alternate hours as needed
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Competitive compensation structure!
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance - effective the 1st of the month following your start date.
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance - this includes maternity and paternity leaves as well.
- Flexible Spending Account
- Dependent Care Account
- Unlimited Vacation Days
- 7 days paid sick leave
- 9 paid Holidays
- Referral Bonus Program
- Pet Friendly Offices
- You’ll get to work with incredibly smart, passionate, driven, ambitious, kind, caring and mindful people and will rarely experience an overload of policies, bureaucracy or toxicity (the latter, we do not tolerate).
Before applying, please read our values below. Our values describe and give insight into our culture. If you do not share the same values, this role will not be a mutually beneficial fit. If you do share these values and want to apply, we encourage you to do so.
Our values demand that we be curious, self-aware, fearless, consistent. We say yes to seemingly insurmountable challenges because we dare ourselves to push further. And we go the distance because we are individually and collectively entrepreneurial, always asking: Why can’t it be done? We find a way because we care more than the competition. We embrace team and disown ego. We are ruthlessly disciplined and unabashedly kind. We unreservedly challenge the status quo and vigorously fight for new levels of excellence. We believe the difference between good and great is exceptional communication. We obsess over creating value for our team and our customers. We push ourselves and our industry to be more inclusive, to champion diversity and to fight racism, gender bias and all forms of inequality. We never peak. We never quit. We never have excuses. We own our failures and we commit to being smarter and stronger because of them. We give our best today and even better tomorrow. We are here to win.