New York, NY
Customer Success – Account Management
At Bitly, we value our community and our culture. We are actively looking for team members who align with our vision, mission and values.
Together we believe in an internet you can see across. We optimize the link so you can own your customer experience.
The Account Manager will align Bitly’s services to the business needs and objectives of our clients. The individual will be responsible for managing all aspects of customer retention and account growth while being a true partner to the sales team to continually enable additional upsell opportunities. This role is based in our New York office.
The ideal candidate is a true team player and partner with a passion for driving a top-notch customer experience and building exceptional and long-lasting customer relationships.
A successful person in this role will possess a variety of responsibilities with a focus on customer retention, product adoption, renewal activity, and account growth.
- Achieve or exceed client retention and upsell quotas through effective proactive account management
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with key stakeholders and executive sponsors to fully understand customer's business strategy, technical environment and measurements for success
- Own all aspects of the customer relationship, including product utilization and ROI, retention, and contract growth through support of client’s business strategy and Bitly feature adoption
- Identify and pursue client upsell opportunities, within and outside of their existing use case, to grow your book of business; may partner with Account Executives on strategic deals
- Accurately forecast renewal and upsell pipeline through active account management
- Evangelize Bitly system features to strategically advise clients, continuously driving product value and ROI
- Lead account reviews and QBRs with clients to keep them informed of product features and enhancements
- Anticipate at-risk accounts to mitigate retention risk through client action plans and training
- Serve as customer advocate and liaison while effectively collaborating with internal cross-functional teams, such as product management, sales, marketing, engineering and finance.
- Make Bitly the best in the business by continuously improving processes in the Customer Success organization and when needed, assisting to train new hires
- Minimum of 3 years of customer-facing experience, preferably in a SaaS or subscription business model
- Customer-focused mentality and enthusiasm for building strong relationships
- Experience working cross-departmentally (with sales, front-line customer service, product, engineering) to serve the needs of customers
- Experience managing $1M+ annual recurring revenue client book for SaaS platform
- Experience using Salesforce or similar software
- Ability to prioritize and manage expectations within a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated experience and a passion for the social technologies and software as a service space
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited four-year college/university
- Nobody wins unless everybody wins
- >(!=) We strive for excellence in all we do. We care.
- Knowledge is power. We are curious. We strive to discover new things and share them with the world.
- Do or do not; there is no try. We will do great things. We will take risks. We will make it happen.
- This land is our land. We are in this together, and we are all owners.
- RESPECT. We treat our teammates, customers and partners with integrity and value the relationships that we build.
- Competitive Salary + Stock Options
- Comprehensive and competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance offered (all LGBT friendly)
- 401k with up to 4% employer match
- One Medical membership; doctors you can text, call or email 24/7 + expert insurance guidance
- Voluntary Legalshield and IDShield for your protection
- Unlimited vacation, personal time, and work from home policies
- Generous parental leave policies; maternity and parental leave for growing families
- Mothers’ room available
- Company sponsored conference speaking and attendance
- Snacks, drinks, and weekly catered lunches
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Gorgeous new offices in New York’s Flatiron, Denver’s Union Station, and San Francisco's SOMA district
- Quarterly Hack week
- Company sponsored volunteering opportunities
- Dog and bike friendly
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on “protected categories,” Bitly also strives to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Bitly.