Director of Growth
New York, NY or San Francisco, CA or Denver, CO /
Growth – Growth /
Bitly is seeking a high energy Director of Growth, with a strong track record of working within a cross-functional growth team in a fast-paced, startup environment and creating new user experiences that acquire, activate and engage for SaaS B2B products. As the Bitly Director of Growth, you will bring radical thinking paired with strong execution. You’ll envision a world different than the status quo with the ability to articulate a clear path to get there via a roadmap for accelerating the growth of Bitly paid customer acquisition and retention - using data and insights as your guide. With our global brand, footprint, and a tremendous opportunity to engage new and pre-existing users, you and your team will have an outsized impact on Bitly’s overall strategic direction. You’ll lead a cross-functional team of Engineers, Product Designers, Data Analysis, User Research, Growth Marketing, and various Operations teams across Bitly to scale our growth motion across our online channel. This role reports to the SF-based COO.
- Lead a cross-functional agile team of engineers, UX/UI designers, data analysts, marketers, and project managers towards our Growth and Revenue goals.
- Drive innovation, definition, roadmap and design of A/B tests and product experiments to accelerate the growth of our active users and paid customers.
- Build entirely new user experiences which focus on acquisition, retention, and re-engagement of preexisting Bitly users.
- Challenge all members of Bitly cross-functional team to think boldly and creatively and then to funnel that energy into concrete products and execution plans.
- Clearly communicate your experiment roadmap, hypotheses and results, as appropriate, to a spectrum of audiences, from Bitly employees to board members.
- Take a data-driven approach in defining success (focusing on funnel metrics), prioritizing requirements, and communicating plans, progress and success.
- 5+ years of SaaS experience
- 1-3 years of specific focus on Growth mechanics and examples of data driven decisions that have enabled high growth.
- Very strong communication and influencing skills to drive new vision & culture of rapid experimentation across all of Bitly.
- Excellent people and management skills to lead your team in a high-paced environment.
- Ability to work with limited direction across multiple projects -- self-starter personality is a must.
- Deep technical knowledge (especially around data) that enables you to quickly scope things independently before getting an engineer's opinion.
- Experience in the marketing or productivity space, and hands-on experience optimizing marketing website metrics a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, computer science or a similar field is required; MBA preferred.
- Customer First
- >(!=) We strive for excellence in all we do. We care
- Knowledge is power. We are curious. We strive to discover new things and share them with the world
- Do or do not; there is no try. We will do great things. We will take risks. We will make it happen
- This land is our land. We are in this together, and we are all owners
- RESPECT. We treat our teammates, customers and partners with integrity and value the relationships that we build
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive and competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance offered (all LGBT friendly)
- 401k with up to 4% employer match
- One Medical membership; doctors you can text, call or email 24/7 + expert insurance guidance
- Voluntary Legalshield and IDShield for your protection
- Unlimited vacation, personal time, and work from home policies
- Generous parental leave policies; maternity and parental leave for growing families
- Company sponsored conference speaking and attendance
- Snacks, drinks, and weekly catered lunches
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Gorgeous new offices in New York’s Flatiron, Denver’s Union Station, and San Francisco's SOMA district
- Quarterly Hack week
- Company sponsored volunteering opportunities
- Dog and bike friendly
At Bitly, we celebrate our differences and are committed to achieving excellence through cultural diversity. We truly believe in the power and benefits gained by bringing together the perspectives of people from diverse backgrounds and experiences. We all work to make sure that Bitly is a welcome, comfortable, and productive place where each of us can make a difference.
We are proud of our community and our culture. We are actively looking for team members who align with the Bitly mission and values. Our mission is to empower marketers to make better decisions by providing insight into the connected world.
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on “protected categories,” Bitly also strives to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Bitly.