New York, NY or Denver, CO
At Bitly, we value our community and our culture. We are actively looking for team members who align with our vision, mission and values.
We believe trusted, meaningful connections fuel communication and understanding. We empower businesses to create trusted, powerful, recognizable links that maximize the impact of every digital initiative.
Bitly is looking for a Project Manager to guide both small and large-scale efforts in delivering world class product and technical infrastructure. Responsible for both short-term goals and facilitating long term strategic plans, this role will principally work across the organization to bring products to market.
The Project Management team has the unique ability to act, not just as a driver for Product, Engineering and Company goals but also sit at the table from the inception of a goal through implementation and maintenance.
Bitly at its core has an entrepreneurial-startup culture with the comfort of a profitable line of business. There is a focus on minimal amount of process with maximal amount of progress towards goals. The opportunity to refine and evolve the process as the team grows is paramount.
- Organize and conduct all scrum team meetings
- Work with discipline leads and business stakeholders to define project goals, requirements and schedules
- Manage schedules, requirements and project goals to ensure deliverables are executed well
- Manage sprint planning and execution which includes the management of project progress and provide status & visibility
- Communicate project status, project delivery dates and strategic recommendations to project team and business stakeholders on a regular basis
- Monitor day-to-day activities of the project and verify work is progressing as planned
- Own the identification and management of cross-team dependencies
- Able to manage multiple teams with deadlines and dependencies
- Manage project risks to predict potential problems and proactively identify or facilitate solutions through the project life cycle
- Able to do post mortem and root cause analysis to help teams continuously improve their practices to ensure maximum productivity
- 1+ years of experience
- Understanding of product & engineering development as well as experience working with teams to ship product
- An ability to motivate, support and understand their project teams
- Excellent organizational, presentation and communications skills
- Strong attention to detail and focus on task completion
- Experience with the development of large-scale data, SaaS platform, or content websites with varied technologies
- Experience in highly cross-functional, fast-moving, entrepreneurial environments
- Nobody wins unless everybody wins
- >(!=) We strive for excellence in all we do. We care
- Knowledge is power. We are curious. We strive to discover new things and share them with the world
- Do or do not; there is no try. We will do great things. We will take risks. We will make it happen
- This land is our land. We are in this together, and we are all owners
- RESPECT. We treat our teammates, customers and partners with integrity and value the relationships that we build
- Competitive Salary + Stock Options
- Comprehensive and competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance offered (all LGBT friendly)
- 401k with up to 4% employer match
- One Medical membership; doctors you can text, call or email 24/7 + expert insurance guidance
- Voluntary Legal shield and IDShield for your protection
- Unlimited vacation, personal time, and work from home policies
- Generous parental leave policies; maternity and parental leave for growing families
- Mothers’ room available
- Company sponsored conference speaking and attendance
- Snacks, drinks, and weekly catered lunches
- Gorgeous new offices in New York’s Flatiron, Denver’s Union Station, and San Francisco's Union Square
- Quarterly Hack weeks
- Company sponsored volunteering opportunities
- Dog and bike friendly
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on “protected categories,” Bitly also strives to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Bitly.