Front End Engineer
New York, NY or Denver, CO
Engineering – Front End
At Bitly, our mission is to empower businesses to create trusted, powerful, recognizable links that maximize the impact of every digital initiative. We are also proud of our community and our culture, and we are actively looking for team members who align with our vision, mission, and values.
As a Front End Engineer, you will collaborate with product, design, and engineering to build innovative applications used everyday by our customers consisting of top brands as well as our sizable base of free users.
Our engineering team works on challenging, product and data-focused problems. Our systems are built to process and provide analytics for over 8 billion clicks per month for people and businesses all over the world. We have a friendly, inclusive culture that's built around helping each other improve and learn.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate with talented engineers, designers, and product managers to build, ship, and improve our core products
- Explore new languages, frameworks, and methodologies while also being able to discuss when—or when not—to use them in a production environment
- Write clear, concise, and tested client-side web application code that makes use of Typescript, React, Webpack, SASS, and other languages, libraries, and frameworks
- Participate in a culture that values structured code reviews as well as deploying frequently
Who You Are
- You have a willingness to experiment, evaluate, and introduce other team members to new frameworks, technology, and workflows
- You write clear, concise, and tested code for client-side web applications
- You are familiar with concepts like immutable data structures and functional programming
- You have an interest in building data visualizations, measuring, and improving front end performance, and gathering and reporting on user-centric metrics
- You possess detailed knowledge of responsive CSS, the box model, semantic markup, and HTML5
- You demonstrate concern for application-side security models, client-side app hardening, XSRF, etc.
- You have experience using a flavor of version control—we use git and Github to collaborate and manage pull requests
- You have 3+ years of solid experience
- A love of Scrum and an interest in helping the team develop agreements and processes around that methodology
- Startup experience
- Nobody wins unless everybody wins.
- >(!=) We strive for excellence in all we do. We care.
- Knowledge is power. We are curious. We strive to discover new things and share them with the world.
- Do or do not; there is no try. We will do great things. We will take risks. We will make it happen.
- This land is our land. We are in this together, and we are all owners.
- RESPECT. We treat our teammates, customers and partners with integrity and value the relationships that we build.
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on “protected categories,” Bitly also strives to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Bitly.