New York, NY or Denver, CO
Engineering – DevOps
At Bitly, our mission is to empower businesses to create trusted, powerful, recognizable links that maximize the impact of every digital initiative. We are also proud of our community and our culture, and we are actively looking for team members who align with our vision, mission, and values.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will collaborate with product, design, and engineering to build and implement innovative orchestrations tools, information pipelines, and foundational infrastructure platforms to support our internal development as well as our sizable base of customers.
Our DevOps team works on challenging, product and infrastructure-focused problems. Our systems are built to process and provide real time and near time analytics for the world’s best brands. We support over 10 billion clicks and 5 billion uniques per month from every country in the world and on every platform imaginable. To support our scale, our hybrid cloud consists of hundreds of servers, hundreds of microservices, hundreds of terabytes of active production data, and numerous real-time data streams.
We are looking for someone who wants to solve non-traditional DevOps problems, where normal approaches fall short and critical thinking and experimentation are expected every day.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate with talented engineers, designers, and product managers to find elegant and manageable solutions to new and complex product needs
- Constantly strive to avoid complacency by seeking new tools, techniques, and resources to evolve our infrastructure
- Enhance overall platform security by using modern tools to design, test, and improve existing products, and implement security-focused solutions to new problems
- Maintain and grow a highly-visible hybrid-cloud solution serving hundreds of millions of users a day
- Participate in a culture that values structured code reviews as well as deploying frequently
- Work on a highly motivated team of professionals dedicated towards excellence in DevOps, sharing knowledge, trying new things, and sharing amazing GIFs everyday
Who You Are
- You are deeply familiar with hybrid-cloud concepts, and have experience deploying production workloads to a large cloud provider, as well as detailed experience managing, deploying to, and orchestrating managed data center environments
- You have experience implementing and maintaining Salt, Ansible, Chef, or Puppet in production environments and be comfortable in an everything-as-code workplace
- You have professional-level experience scripting and coding in Python and/or Go, and running and orchestrating containers in production
- You understand how to configure, troubleshoot, and tune fleets of Linux-based servers
- You have hands-on experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment systems, and an understanding of how to make Test Driven Infrastructure work in complex environments
- You understand security as it is related to DevOps, and are excited to create secure and elegant solutions to common problems
- You have a solid understanding of networking as it relates to moving things around the internet, with knowledge ranging from the browser to the voltage, and a collection of things in between
- You have a strong desire to grow, both personally and professionally, in the DevOps field
- Experience with SoftLayer, Salt, Jenkins, Go and Python, CentOS, or other RedHat-based distros, and modern Nagios/Munin--these are our preferred technologies
- Prior experience with GCP and specifically BigQuery (or AWS/Redshift) is a huge plus
- Pen Testing, compliance/accreditation experience, and encryption knowledge
- A love of Scrum and an interest in helping the team develop agreements and processes around that methodology
- Startup experience
- Nobody wins unless everybody wins.
- >(!=) We strive for excellence in all we do. We care.
- Knowledge is power. We are curious. We strive to discover new things and share them with the world.
- Do or do not; there is no try. We will do great things. We will take risks. We will make it happen.
- This land is our land. We are in this together, and we are all owners.
- RESPECT. We treat our teammates, customers and partners with integrity and value the relationships that we build.
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status.
Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on “protected categories,” Bitly also strives to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Bitly.