New York, NY or Denver, CO
Engineering – QA
At Bitly, our mission is to empower businesses to create trusted, powerful, recognizable links that maximize the impact of every digital initiative. We are also proud of our community and our culture, and we are actively looking for team members who align with our vision, mission, and values.
As a QA Engineer, you will drive the next generation of our web and mobile applications to excellence. The ideal candidate will contribute automated testing knowledge and experience to the QA team while being capable of owning quality for a feature team.
What You'll Do
- Design test strategies for new product development
- Deliver high-quality, on-time products with a fast paced team
- Contribute to and maintain a suite of manual regression tests, automated UI tests, and automated API tests
- Execute exploratory tests on various operating systems and browsers
- Determine the root cause of problems discovered in development and reported by users
- Report to stakeholders on current production quality and what has and hasn’t been tested before a feature release
Who You Are
- You are skilled in automated testing but understand the importance and place of manual testing
- You understand an agile QA’s role is not to be a gatekeeper, but to improve confidence and provide risk management in a continuous deployment environment
- You are able to balance team feature testing and validation with long term automation goals
- You are willing to speak up for quality and the user experience when necessary
- You are a team player who is willing to teach and learn with the QA team, feature teams and Bitly
- You have 2+ years of automated testing experience with UI testing, End-to-End testing, and/or API testing, with 4+ years of overall software and/or web testing experience
- Security testing and/or database testing experience
- Startup experience
- Nobody wins unless everybody wins.
- >(!=) We strive for excellence in all we do. We care.
- Knowledge is power. We are curious. We strive to discover new things and share them with the world.
- Do or do not; there is no try. We will do great things. We will take risks. We will make it happen.
- This land is our land. We are in this together, and we are all owners.
- RESPECT. We treat our teammates, customers and partners with integrity and value the relationships that we build.
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status.
Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on “protected categories,” Bitly also strives to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Bitly.