Senior Build and Release Engineer
Sevilla, Spain or Remote
Loved by Devs, trusted by Ops: Bitnami’s mission is to bring awesome software to everyone. Every month, 1MM+ developers come to our site to download and launch their favorite language runtimes and applications across all major public clouds and container platforms, including AWS, Google, Azure, VMware and Docker.
We’re looking for an experienced Build and Release Engineer. This role will be responsible for reducing build and release times by improving the automation of our current release pipeline and introducing continuous deployment best practices.
You will be joining a team focused on providing the largest catalog of cloud applications and frameworks to developers. Our offerings range from turnkey solutions for components such as multi-node deployment templates for databases, caching or message brokers; to trusted containers to base their applications from such as nodejs,php or python. The perfect person for this role comes from a process-automation background and has extensive experience in the complex art of continuously releasing software.
- Reduce build and release times by improving the automation of our current procedures.
- Stabilize and improve releases of open source software by removing manual intervention and introducing continuous deployment best practices
- Extend and maintain release metrics to fuel our data-driven improvement process
- Establish monitoring of our release pipeline, introducing an early warning system
- Deep-dive and refactor legacy code, as needed
- Be actively involved and drive team-wide discussions about software best practices
- Coach and train junior members of the team
Our Ideal Addition to the Team
- Passionately believes in our mission to bring server applications to everyone
- Is experienced with releasing a complex catalog of software products to cloud systems
- Has delivered build, test and release automated pipelines that are fast, efficient and reliable
- Is a champion for developers, learning their biggest pain points and providing automation tools to remove them
- Has experience implementing robust integration tests for user interfaces (E.g. Selenium, CasperJS or others)
- Has proven ability to navigate priorities in a distributed and fast-paced environment
- Has strong expertise on Agile and code management best practices
- Has experience with Artifact repositories such as Jfrog, Sonatype Nexus
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science preferred
- At least 4 years of development and deployment experience
- At least 4 years of creating build and release pipelines for continuous delivery (ideally with Jenkins, Circle CI, Docker and Kubernetes)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English)
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Flexible time off policy; we believe everyone needs to recharge
- Your choice of machine and hardware
- Annual trips to Spain (if working remotely)
- Benefits vary based on location
Bitnami is a distributed engineering company with offices in San Francisco, USA and Seville, Spain. With team members also in Australia, Vietnam, UK, Italy, Washington DC , Uruguay and more, we've created an incredibly enjoyable and productive distributed environment.
We are bootstrapped, profitable and growing. Bitnami was also part of Y Combinator's Winter 2013 batch.
Learn more about our team and what it's like to work at Bitnami by visiting the About Us and Careers pages on our website.
** Please do not apply if your timezone does not fall between UTC -2 and UTC +4
Bitnami is an equal opportunity employer.