Sales Development Representative
San Francisco, CA or Remote
Bitnami is reinventing the software application experience. Our automation platform delivers and maintains a catalog of ready-to-run server applications and development environments in partnership with the world’s leading cloud providers such as Amazon, Google, Microsoft, Oracle and more. That same application automation platform that drives over one million deployments per month is also available to Enterprise developers looking to streamline their software development processes.
We're profitable, growing, and have an awesome, energetic, and passionate team. Our goal is to have every developer, systems administrator, and business user demand Bitnami every time they need to build, deploy, and maintain their applications. If this sounds as exciting to you as it does to us, then consider joining the Bitnami team!
We’re looking for a Sales Development Representative with a background in qualifying leads for the front end of the pipeline for enterprise software or cloud services. This role will be especially focused on growing the business around our new enterprise product, Stacksmith. This role will work closely with and support our direct sales team.
This position reports to the CMO and will be a good fit for a candidate who is excited about the unique opportunity to help shape Bitnami’s SDR approach. This will be Bitnami’s first SDR hire as the company begins to ramp its sales and marketing efforts to support significant growth of Stacksmith. As a result, a candidate who performs well in this position will have considerable career growth opportunities within the organization.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to be a self-starter who has a philosophy of working collaboratively with sales and channel team members to continue to refine and improve results, particularly for the new Stacksmith product.
- Work closely with the Demand Gen and Partner Marketing team; pursue and engage with leads that have shown an interest in Bitnami products
- Collaborate with Customer Success and Direct-sales Team members on qualification requirements for the prospects most likely to become successfully closed deals
- Serve as a critical feedback loop to Demand Gen and Marketing overall regarding the quality of leads, working collaboratively to refine and improve leads
- Participate in sales and marketing initiatives to help drive revenue growth; these could include outbound efforts around specific events or POC driving initiatives
- Maintain complete and accurate information in SFDC regarding leads, contacts, accounts and opportunities
- Minimum of 3+ years experience in an SDR role
- 2+ years demonstrated use of SFDC; able to independently create lead views and utilize SFDC fields to organize leads/contacts for optimum patch outreach
- Exceptional written and spoken communication skills
- Superb organizational skills and ability to work autonomously
- Be comfortable and energized operating in a fast-moving organization
- Exhibit entrepreneurial and self-motivational qualities
- Be intellectually curious and ambitious
- Strong understanding of the cloud service provider and infrastructure software landscapes
Our Ideal Addition to the Team
- Is a team player who believes in and lives the Bitnami mission and values
- Has experience in the infrastructure software space
- Has excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Is able to think creatively to establish mutually beneficial relationships with Bitnami team members and partners
- Is a good fit culturally, participating in team activities, events etc.
Additional Preferred Experience
- Experience as part of a team selling into Enterprise IT, DevOps, or Architects
- Experience working with an international and globally-distributed team
- Understanding of the container and serverless spaces
- Competitive compensation package and stock options
- 99%-covered Medical, Dental, Vision benefits for the employee and 50% for family members
- Catered lunches every day (for office-based employees) with a generous snack and beverage offering
- Flexible time off policy, as we believe everyone needs to recharge
- Awesome commuter perks, generously subsidized Clipper Card for SF-based employees
- Quarterly outings and fun events
Bitnami is on a mission to bring awesome software to everyone. We offer a library of popular server applications and development environments -- including WordPress, Joomla!, Drupal, SugarCRM, Jenkins and more -- that can be installed with one click, either on a desktop, in a virtual machine or hosted in the cloud. Over 1 million applications are deployed per month through Bitnami and our partner marketplaces.
- Profitable and growing
- Headquartered in San Francisco with an office in Spain and remote team members in over 10 countries
- Part of Y Combinator's Winter 2013 batch
Learn more about our team and what it's like to work at Bitnami by visiting the About Us and Careers pages on our website.
Bitnami is an equal opportunity employer.