Business Development Program Manager
San Francisco, CA
Bitnami is reinventing the software application experience. Our solution allows users to launch and run popular server applications and development stacks in the cloud and anywhere else just with a single click. The simple elegance of our approach has won us fans all across the world. Mostly by word of mouth, Bitnami has grown to support over 1 million downloads each and every month. We have also become the largest source of applications and automation tooling for the leading public clouds, including Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Oracle Cloud Platform and Google Compute.
Our partner relationships and related engagements are growing, particularly with the recent launch of Stacksmith. We are looking for a driven, forward-thinking Business Development Program Manager to join our team and help us further our success. The right candidate will be technical enough to understand cloud platforms, APIs and container technologies, but also have a sense for how to develop successful partnerships and a sense for new opportunities to grow our footprint within current partnerships.
This position will ideally be based in our San Francisco office and will report directly to our VP of Business Development. (Remote candidates based from the greater Seattle area may be considered, as well.) This role will offer broad visibility into our current partnerships, business development processes, and technical and business strategies. As such, it will offer significant opportunities for upward mobility.
Success in this role will depend on your ability to navigate complex strategic relationships, negotiate in the best interests of the business, work in a fast-paced startup environment efficiently and accurately, and find creative solutions to the challenges of supporting a rapidly developing business.
- Act as primary technical and business liaison with Bitnami cloud partners to ensure continuous collaboration, mindshare, and drive Bitnami’s business needs through our partnerships with Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Oracle Cloud Platform, and Google Compute
- Collaborate with engineering, product, marketing and other teams to ensure Bitnami exceeds customer expectations
- Oversight and management of co-development projects with key cloud partners to ensure on-time delivery of committed projects
- Identify new opportunities with existing partners as their platforms evolve
- Evangelize Bitnami capabilities into a broader use-case within key cloud partners
- Capture and communicate technical needs to the engineering team during the business development process as well as on an ongoing basis post-launch
- Track and report on key metrics both internally and to key cloud partners, including delivery of quarterly business reviews
- Collaborate with the business development team to evaluate and scope support of new cloud platforms
- Willingness to travel to partner sites and conferences as-needed, but likely not more than 2-3x per quarter
- Collaborate with partners and Bitnami's Marketing team on the creation and execution of Go-to-Market plans
Desired Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of experience in the software industry in an engineering or project management role
- Exceptional personal persuasion and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Deep understanding of the cloud platform landscape and related technologies
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and juggling multiple concurrent, complex projects
- Competitive salary and stock options
- 100% fully covered Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
- Catered lunches and generous snack and beverage offering
- Flexible time off policy, we believe everyone needs to recharge
- Awesome commuter perks, generously subsidized Clipper Card
- Sweet set-up; huge monitor and your choice of operating system and hardware
- Annual trips to Spain
- Monthly outings and fun events
Bitnami is on a mission to bring awesome software to everyone. We offer a library of popular server applications and development environments -- including WordPress, Joomla!, Drupal, SugarCRM, Jenkins and more -- that can be installed with one click, either on a desktop, in a virtual machine or hosted in the cloud. Over 1 million applications are deployed per month through Bitnami and our partner marketplaces.
- Profitable and growing
- Headquartered in San Francisco with team members in over 10 countries
- Part of Y Combinator's Winter 2013 batch
Learn more about our team and what it's like to work at Bitnami by visiting the About Us and Careers pages or on our website, www.bitnami.com.
Bitnami is an equal opportunity employer.