Business Development Manager
San Francisco, CA
Bitnami delivers a catalog of popular server applications and development stacks that allows our users to to cloud partner platforms that allows our users to launch our solutions with a single click. The simple elegance of our approach has won us more than 2 million active users across the world. Bitnami has grown to support over 1 million downloads each and every month and will drive nearly 1.3B hours of compute consumption on our partner platforms in 2018. We are the largest source of applications and automation tooling for the leading public clouds, including Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Oracle Cloud Platform and Google Compute with relationships spanning several years.
Our partner relationships and related engagements are growing. We are looking for a driven, forward-thinking Business Development Manager to join our team and help us grow our business. The right candidate will be technical enough to understand cloud platforms, APIs and container technologies, but also have the commercial aptitude to develop successful partnerships and a develop new opportunities to grow our footprint within current partnerships.
In this position, candidates will be assigned to our most strategic and complex cloud platform partnerships. Success in this role will depend on your ability to navigate complex technical scenarios, position Bitnami services to accelerate partner initiatives, work collaboratively with Engineering, Product Management, Marketing and senior management, negotiate in the best interests of the business, work in a fast-paced startup environment efficiently and accurately, and find creative solutions to the challenges of supporting a rapidly developing business.
This position will ideally be based in our San Francisco office and will report directly to our VP of Business Development. (Remote candidates based from the greater Seattle area may be considered, as well). This position requires regional travel up to 50% of the time (primarily Seattle and San Francisco). The role will offer broad visibility into our current partnerships, business development processes, and technical and business strategies.
- Work closely with the engineering, product management, marketing and executive team to scope partner requirements into an aligned delivery roadmap for target partners; navigate and engage with partner contacts to align Bitnami interests with partner roadmaps
- Navigate existing partnerships to develop proposals, presentations and other material to align business strategy with partner roadmap to expand Bitnami footprint within targeted partners
- Oversee commercial engagements by coordinating with Bitnami Technical Account Managers to ensure Bitnami is meeting project milestones and other commercial commitments. Coordinate with internal resources to resolve change in scope as projects progress towards completion
- Propose and participate in promotional initiatives to help drive awareness for Bitnami based solutions at launch and on an ongoing basis
- Maintain complete and accurate information in SFDC regarding leads, contacts, accounts and opportunities to achieve assigned revenue targets. Continuously update account strategy and account plans. Prepare and share partnership achievements on a bi-weekly basis to extended Bitnami team on internal sync calls.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of experience in the software industry in a business development role that required engineering project management skills
- Computer Science or technical degree desired
- Demonstrated experience achieving assigned revenue targets. Experience creating and closing complex multi-million dollar commercial agreements
- Ability to quickly assimilate cloud platform technology, both current and roadmap, and align Bitnami services to help partners achieve KPIs
- Deep understanding of the cloud platform landscape and related technologies and partner ecosystem, trends and service offer direction of cloud services
- Ability to think “out of the box” to create new offerings based on Bitnami’s solution portfolio and position those services for commercial purposes with cloud partners
- Demonstrated experience working with Linux and Open Source Software. Ability to work from a CLI for demonstration purposes
- Business Development experience working directly with major cloud platforms including AWS, Azure and Google or other relevant cloud platforms available in the market today
- Demonstrated experience developing solutions that compliment cloud platform services
- Experience developing presentations and other material using Google docs, sheets and slides to build compelling presentation material and proposals for target partners
- Demonstrated experience in collaborating cross organization to build new solutions and services for partners and customers
- Exceptional personal persuasion and communication skills, both written and verbal. Ability to navigate senior levels in partner organization
- Deep understanding of the cloud platform technologies and an ability to articulate this understanding in technical conversations with targeted partners
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and juggling multiple concurrent, complex projects
- Prior experience that includes revenue producing metrics (quotas) with a demonstrated track record of achieving or exceeding targets
- Competitive salary with variable bonus plan and stock options
- Comprehensive medical, Dental and vision benefits
- Daily catered lunches with a generous snack and beverage offering
- Flexible time off policy, we believe everyone needs to recharge
- Awesome commuter perks, generously subsidized ClipperCard
- Sweet set-up; your choice of operating system and hardware
- Monthly outings and fun events
Bitnami is on a mission to bring awesome software to everyone. We offer a library of popular server applications and development environments -- including WordPress, Joomla!, Drupal, SugarCRM, Jenkins and more -- that can be installed with one click, either on a desktop, in a virtual machine or hosted in the cloud. Over 1 million applications are deployed per month through Bitnami and our partner marketplaces.
- Profitable and growing
- Headquartered in San Francisco with team members in over 10 countries
- Part of Y Combinator's Winter 2013 batch
Learn more about our team and what it's like to work at Bitnami by visiting the About Us and Careers pages or on our website, www.bitnami.com.
Bitnami is an equal opportunity employer.