This position is specifically a remote role. Want more insight on what it's like to be a part of a distributed team at Bitnami? Take a look at this article, written by our own Director of Engineering, Victor Tuson Palau.
Bitnami’s mission is to bring awesome software to everyone. Every month, 1MM+ developers come to our site to download and launch their favorite language runtimes and applications across all major public clouds and container platforms, including AWS, Google, Azure, VMware and Docker.
We’re looking for an experienced Software Engineer to join a team focused on offering base technologies to developers. Our offerings range from turnkey solutions for components (such as multi-node deployment templates for databases, caching or message brokers) to trusted containers to base their applications from Node.JS , PHP or Python. The perfect person for this role has a developer and microservices background with extensive experience in database deployment configurations.
- Be actively involved in team-wide discussions about software best practices
- Uphold role as a technical expert that coaches and trains junior members of the engineering team
- Keep your team un-blocked by performing timely and useful code reviews
- Take responsibility for continuous improvements in the development of your own coding practices, as well as of your team’s practices
- Work directly with cloud vendor engineering teams for customers such as AWS, Google, Microsoft and VMware
- Identify issues, resolve bugs and write high-quality engineering documentation
- Continuous drive to master a challenging, agile environment using state-of-the-art technologies
Our Ideal Addition to the team
- Passionately believes in our mission to bring server applications to everyone
- Is experienced with deployment of highly available databases, cache and message broker solutions
- Has proven their ability to prioritize projects and responsibilities
- Has prior experience managing relationships with software providers
- Demonstrates strong familiarity with Agile development and version control systems
- Multi-node AWS, Google Cloud Platform, VMware vCloud or Azure deployment expertise a plus
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science preferred
- At least 4 years of development and deployment experience
- Expert in database deployments (MongoDB, MariaDB, MySQL, PostgresSQL)
- Good knowledge of Redis, RabbitMQ, Memcached, Squid HA configurations
- Competent in a container orchestration technology (Docker Compose, Swarm, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English)
Remote Role Requirements
- Great communication skills. You can articulate your thoughts and ideas through writing, maintain open interactions and provide constructive feedback.
- Self-driven approach. You will be part of an engineering squad with clear objectives but you will also be expected to drive improvements in software products and processes, as you identify areas for improvement.
- Experience and proven success working remotely. We are looking for candidates that are aware of both the benefits and potential drawbacks of working remotely, and who know how to successfully navigate them
- Note: We generally only hire candidates working from timezones that are within 3 hours of UTC (+/-).
Bitnami is a distributed engineering company with offices in San Francisco, USA and Seville, Spain. With team members also in Australia, Vietnam, UK, Italy, Washington DC ,Uruguay and more, we've created an incredibly enjoyable and productive distributed environment.
We are bootstrapped, profitable and growing. Bitnami was also part of Y Combinator's Winter 2013 batch.
Learn more about our team and what it's like to work at Bitnami by visiting the About Us and Careers pages on our website.
Bitnami is an equal opportunity employer.