Director of Operations & Human Resources
San Francisco, CA
Bitnami is reinventing the software application experience. Our solution allows users to launch and run popular server applications and development stacks in the cloud and anywhere else just with a single click. The simple elegance of our approach has won us fans all across the world. Mostly by word of mouth, Bitnami has grown to support over 1 million downloads each and every month. We have also become the largest source of applications and automation tooling for the leading public clouds, including Amazon Web Services, Google Compute, Oracle Cloud Platform, and Microsoft Azure.
We are looking for an global HR and operations leader to be based in our San Francisco HQ and reporting to our Chief Operating Officer. This individual will manage a team of 5 (2 in SF and 3 in Spain) and will be a key contributor to our strategy and tactics to develop and grow our team to the next level and beyond, maintain and enhance our culture and put in place the systems, policies and procedures enabling this to happen.
- Review, recommend to executive management, communicate and implement continual improvement in the organization's policies, procedures and practices on personnel matters
- Manage our US -based operations and facilities, including managing our San Francisco Office Manager and our People and Engineering Ops Manager and building out the HR and operations teams over time. This will include participating in the selection of a new SF facility and managing our relocation to it
- Manage our Seville-based operations team, including our Director of Operations, Accountant and our Seville Office Manager
- Refine and manage our annual performance review and objectives-setting cycles
- Maintain current knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation and ensure organization's compliance with company policies and with federal, state and local (including international) legislation pertaining to all personnel matters
- Develop compensation structures and frameworks appropriate to the organization’s stage of development and assists executive management in the annual review, preparation and administration of the organization's wage and salary program round the world
- Coordinate or conduct exit interviews
- Own and oversee the entire the recruitment process
- Consult with legal counsel as appropriate, or as directed by the COO, on personnel matters
- Work directly with department managers to assist them in carrying out their responsibilities on personnel matters
- Recommend, evaluate and participate in staff development for the organization, including working with managers to provide career paths for staff as appropriate
- Maintain and enhance our human resource information system to help the organization’s growing requirements, including the selection of new tools as necessary
- Participate actively on teams and special projects.
Our Ideal Addition to the Team
- Team player who believes in and lives the Bitnami mission and values
- Ability to balance structure with enablement to optimize results for the organization and individuals
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, along with strong interpersonal skills
- A good fit culturally, participating in team activities, events etc.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree and role-specific qualifications such as SPHR
- 10+ years of directly relevant HR and operations experience in fast-growing technology startups, including at least 5 years in HR or operations leadership roles
- Relevant international experience, in both the technical sense and in the ability to help foster and grow a team of successful people in a multicultural, globally-distributed organization
- Competitive salary and stock options
- 99%-covered Medical, Dental, Vision benefits for the employee and 50% for family members
- Catered lunches every day, and generous snack and beverage offering
- Flexible time off policy, as we believe everyone needs to recharge
- Awesome commuter perks, generously subsidized Clipper Card
- Sweet laptop set-up with your choice of system
- Annual trips to Spain
- Quarterly outings and fun events
We are self-funded, profitable and growing rapidly, and were part of YCombinator’s Winter 2013 batch. We have our main offices in San Francisco and in Seville, Spain, with additional staff and locations in the UK, Netherlands, Italy, Poland and in Latin America and Asia. We have a fun, open and collaborative culture encompassing our Bitnami Values, including annual company all-hands and offsite meetings, company outings and more.