Product Marketing Manager
San Francisco, CA
Are you an enthusiastic communicator with a techie side, interested in working with enterprise customers, public clouds, containers, Docker, and Kubernetes?
Bitnami is reinventing the software application experience. Our solution allows users to launch and run popular server applications and development stacks in the cloud and anywhere else just with a single click. The simple elegance of our approach has won us fans all across the world. Bitnami has grown to support over 1 million downloads each and every month. We have also become the largest source of applications for the leading cloud marketplaces including Amazon Web Services, Google Compute, Oracle Cloud Platform, and Microsoft Azure.
We're profitable, growing and have an awesome, energetic and passionate team. Our goal is to have every developer, systems administrator and business user demand Bitnami every time they need to build, deploy and maintain their applications. If this sounds as exciting to you as it is to us, then consider joining the Bitnami team!
We’re looking for an experienced Product Marketing Manager, based in our San Francisco office. This position reports to the VP of Marketing and is responsible for championing Bitnami to customers, clients and the cloud & containers community. The ideal candidate has experience generating technical marketing content and publicly speaking to a highly technical DevOps audience, as well as a background in open source, cloud and/or containers technologies.
- Generate thought leadership content (videos, white papers, published articles, etc.) related to software development, focused on cloud and containers
- Collaborate with Bitnami product management and engineering on technical marketing content
- Strategize with product management to create marketing collateral for upcoming enterprise offerings
- Design and manage product launch strategy for enterprise developer products
- Engage customers and system integrators to become the expert on customer needs
- Collaborate with VP of Marketing on overall messaging framework
- Work closely with the webdev team to create and improve marketing content for the Bitnami website
- Document, track and meet realistic growth goals spanning awareness and adoption
Desired Skills and Experience
- 5 +/- years in a software-centric marketing role
- Proven ability to market to enterprise software developers
- Familiarity with open source and/or cloud and containers software
- Extensive experience generating written material, targeting a technical audience
- Experience launching new products and reaching new markets
- Ability to speak publicly, comfortable being recorded, appearing on a webinar, or on stage
- Proven ability to work closely and collaborate with software development teams
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
- Catered lunches and with endless snacks and drinks
- Flexible time off policy - we believe everyone needs to recharge
- Awesome commuter perks, generously subsidized Clipper card
- Sweet set-up - your choice of operating system and hardware
- Annual trips to Spain
- Monthly outings and fun events
Bitnami is a globally-distributed software company, headquartered in San Francisco with team members in over 10 countries. We were part of Y Combinator's 2013 batch. Bitnami is a bootstrapped, profitable, high-growth company with a high-energy and passionate team.