Senior Cloud Deployment Engineer
Sevilla, Spain or Remote
Loved by Devs, trusted by Ops: Bitnami’s mission is to bring awesome software to everyone. Every month, 1MM+ developers come to our site to download and launch their favorite language runtimes and applications.
We are looking for a Senior Cloud Deployment Engineer that will help us create and maintain production-quality templates for open source software across all major cloud and container platforms, including AWS, Google, Azure, VMware, and Kubernetes.
You will join a team focused on offering the largest catalog of cloud applications and development runtimes. Our offerings range from turnkey solutions for server software such as multi-node deployment templates for databases, caching or message brokers; to trusted containers to build your own application on, including NodeJS, PHP or Python. The perfect person for this role has extensive experience in automating the deployment of high-availability, scalable server software.
- Ensure on-time releases and security updates to Bitnami’s application catalog
- Stabilize and improve open-source software releases by removing manual intervention and following continuous deployment best practices
- Extend Bitnami’s application catalog with production-ready templates for popular open-source infrastructure software across all major platforms, including AWS Cloud Formation, Azure ARM, Hashicorp Terraform, etc.
- Implement, document and programmatically enforce industry best-practices in our offerings regarding scalability, availability and security
- Lead team-wide discussions regarding engineering best practices
- Coach and train junior members of the team
Our Ideal Addition to the Team
- Passionately believes in our mission to make server software available to everyone
- Is highly experienced with packaging, configuring and releasing software products that are aimed to developers
- Has extensive DevOps experience and has developed infrastructure automation (such as for databases, caching or message brokers) deployments in production scenarios
- Proven ability to navigate priorities in a distributed environment
- Ideally has developed multi-node AWS, Google Cloud Platform, VMware vCloud or Azure deployment expertise
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science or relevant work experience
- Experience working on a globally distributed team
- At least 4 years of automated software packaging and deployment experience
- Experience managing multi-tier deployments (AWS, Azure or Google Cloud) in production environments, including high availability configurations
- Experience configuring and operating Kubernetes clusters or other production container infrastructure
- Experience evaluating infrastructure deployment security risks and implementing remedial actions
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Flexible time off policy; we believe everyone needs to recharge
- Your choice of machine and hardware
- Annual trips to Spain (if working remotely)
- Benefits vary based on location
Bitnami is a distributed engineering company with offices in San Francisco, USA and Seville, Spain. With team members also in Australia, Vietnam, UK, Italy, Washington DC , Uruguay and more, we've created an incredibly enjoyable and productive distributed environment.
We are bootstrapped, profitable and growing. Bitnami was also part of Y Combinator's Winter 2013 batch.
Learn more about our team and what it's like to work at Bitnami by visiting the About Us and Careers pages on our website.
** Please do not apply if your timezone does not fall between UTC -2 and UTC +4
Bitnami is an equal opportunity employer.