Product Marketing Manager
San Francisco, CA
Are you an enthusiastic communicator with a techie side, interested in working with enterprise customers, public clouds, containers, Docker, and Kubernetes?
Bitnami is reinventing the software application experience. Our solution allows users to launch and run popular server applications and development stacks in the cloud and anywhere else just with a single click. The simple elegance of our approach has won us fans all across the world. Bitnami has grown to support over 1 million downloads each and every month. We have also become the largest source of applications for the leading cloud marketplaces including Amazon Web Services, Google Compute, Oracle Cloud Platform, and Microsoft Azure.
We're profitable, growing and have an awesome, energetic and passionate team. Our goal is to have every developer, systems administrator and business user demand Bitnami every time they need to deploy their applications. If this sounds as exciting to you as it is to us, then consider joining the Bitnami team!
We’re looking for an experienced Product Marketing Manager, based in our San Francisco office. This position reports to the VP of Marketing and is responsible for championing Bitnami to customers, clients and the cloud & containers community. The ideal candidate has experience generating technical marketing content and publicly speaking to a highly technical DevOps audience, as well as a background in open source, cloud and/or containers technologies.
- Generate thought leadership content (videos, white papers, published articles, etc.) related to software development, focused on cloud and containers
- Actively participate in and pursue speaking engagements and opportunities on behalf of Bitnami
- Collaborate with Bitnami partners on the technical marketing content for joint go-to-market efforts
- Give technical demonstrations of various applications within the Bitnami library
- Piece together solution POCs using components in the Bitnami library (e.g. create a “data visualization” solution by connecting a visualization app to a database)
- Strategize with product management to create marketing collateral for upcoming enterprise offerings
- Collaborate with VP of Marketing on overall messaging framework
- Work closely with the webdev team to create and improve technical marketing content for the Bitnami website
Desired Skills and Experience
- 5 +/- years in a software-centric product or marketing role
- Familiarity with open source and/or cloud and containers software
- Extensive experience generating written material, targeting a technical audience
- Ability to speak publicly; is comfortable being recorded, appearing on a webinar, or on stage
- Proven ability to work closely and collaborate with software development teams
- Familiarity with public and private clouds (Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure), containers, Docker, and Kubernetes
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
- Catered lunches with open snack and beverage policy
- Flexible time off policy - we believe everyone needs to recharge
- Awesome commuter perks, generously subsidized Clipper card
- Sweet set-up - your choice of operating system and hardware
- Annual trips to Spain
- Monthly outings and fun events
We are bootstrapped, profitable and growing. We have offices in San Francisco and Seville, along with a diverse remote team. We were part of Y Combinator's Winter 2013 batch.
Learn more about our team and what it's like to work at Bitnami by visiting the About Us and Careers pages on our website.
Bitnami is an equal opportunity employer.