VP of Business Development, Cloud Partners
San Francisco, CA
Bitnami is reinventing the software application experience. Our solution allows users to launch and run popular server applications and development stacks in the cloud and anywhere else just with a single click. The simple elegance of our approach has won us fans all across the world. Bitnami has grown to support over 1 million downloads each and every month. We have also become the largest source of applications for the leading cloud marketplaces including Amazon Web Services, Google Compute, Oracle Cloud Platform, and Microsoft Azure.
We're profitable, growing and have an awesome, energetic and passionate team. Our goal is to have every developer, systems administrator and business user demand Bitnami every time they need to build, deploy and maintain their applications. If this sounds as exciting to you as it is to us, then consider joining the Bitnami team!
We’re looking for a VP of Business Development to expand our existing relationships with the leading cloud providers and develop new commercial relationships with the top vendors in key international markets. In this role, you be responsible for a significant portion of the company’s revenue and own all strategic cloud vendor relationships. You will report directly to the COO and co-founder and be expected to actively participate in executive strategy sessions, management meetings and other key leadership activities. You will have an initial team of two customer success managers and the opportunity to grow this team over time.
Success in this role will depend on your ability to navigate complex strategic relationships, negotiate in the best interests of the business, work in a fast-paced startup environment efficiently and accurately, and find creative solutions to the challenges of supporting a rapidly developing business.
- Ensure the ongoing success of our relationships with major cloud and infrastructure vendors including Amazon, Microsoft, Oracle, VMware, Google, Huawei, Deutsche Telekom and more
- Develop additional strategic and commercial relationships with other key vendors in the space
- Participate in executive strategy discussions, annual goal setting and other leadership activities
- Build and manage a stellar team of program managers to manage and expand our partner relationships
- Collaborate with engineering, product, marketing and other teams to ensure Bitnami exceeds customer expectations
- Ascertain the key priorities and implication of these key strategic partners
- Collaborate with partners and Bitnami's Marketing team on the creation and execution of Go-to-Market plans
Our Ideal Addition to the Team
- Is a team player who believes in and lives the Bitnami mission and values
- Has the ability to balance the company’s strategic goals with revenue targets to build successful long term relationships with partners
- Has excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to deliver world class proposals and presentations
- Is able to think creatively to establish mutually beneficial relationships with Bitnami partners
- Has competency in negotiating business and contractual terms
- Is a good fit culturally, participating in team activities, events etc.
- 10+ years business development experience in technology companies
- 4+ years experience working in startup environments
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate 7-figure, multi-year contracts with major technology vendors
- Deep understanding of the cloud service provider landscape
- Experience working with an international and globally-distributed team
- Demonstrated ability to build and manage a high performance team
- Understanding of the container and serverless spaces a plus
- Competitive salary and stock options
- 99%-covered Medical, Dental, Vision benefits for the employee and 50% for family members
- Catered lunches every day (for office-based employees) and generous snack and beverage offering
- Flexible time off policy, as we believe everyone needs to recharge
- Awesome commuter perks, generously subsidized Clipper Card
- Sweet laptop set-up with your choice of system
- Annual trips to Spain
- Quarterly outings and fun events
We are self-funded, profitable and growing. Bitnami is headquartered in San Francisco with a globally distributed team in over 10 countries. We were part of Y Combinator's Winter 2013 batch.