Technical Marketing Engineer - Cloud
San Francisco, CA
Are you an experienced technical marketer interested in working directly with the world’s leading cloud providers to promote next generation technologies like containers, Docker, and Kubernetes?
Bitnami is reinventing the software application experience. Our solution allows users to launch and run popular server applications and development stacks in the cloud and anywhere else just with a single click. The simple elegance of our approach has won us fans all across the world. Bitnami has grown to support over 1 million downloads each and every month. We have also become the largest source of applications for the leading cloud marketplaces including Amazon Web Services, Google Compute, Oracle Cloud Platform, and Microsoft Azure.
We're profitable, growing and have an awesome, energetic and passionate team. Our goal is to have every developer, systems administrator and business user demand Bitnami every time they need to build, deploy and maintain their applications. If this sounds as exciting to you as it is to us, then consider joining the Bitnami team!
We’re looking for an experienced Technical Marketing Engineer, based in our San Francisco office. This position reports to the VP of Marketing and is responsible for driving customer and field engagements with the world’s largest cloud providers. The ideal candidate has experience generating technical marketing and sales education content that influences a wide range of users from sales and marketing teams to enterprise application developers.
- Engage technical, marketing and sales audiences to drive Bitnami's influence in strategic partner accounts
- Create and track measurable results, increasing Bitnami application consumption in key partner accounts
- Lead and influence the development of partner marketing strategies and plans
- Define joint value propositions, sources of differentiation, messaging and positioning with key partners
- Define and document use-cases for emerging cloud technologies
- Generate and present thought leadership content (videos, white papers, webinars, contributed articles, etc.) that promotes Bitnami and partner relationships
- Influence overall product strategy based on customer feedback
Desired Skills and Experience
- 5+ years in a B2B technical marketing role
- 2+ years’ experience in field sales / partner engagement
- Technical background with ability to get hands-on
- History of building engaging marketing content
- Experience with cloud services from AWS, Azure, Google, Oracle
- Familiarity with open source and/or cloud and containers software
- Extensive experience generating written material, targeting a technical audience
- Excellent project/program management skills
- Ability to speak publicly, comfortable being recorded, appearing on a webinar, or on stage
- Proven ability to work closely and collaborate with product management, business development and product marketing stakeholders
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
- Catered lunches with a fully stocked kitchen of snacks and drinks
- Flexible time off policy; we believe everyone needs to recharge
- Awesome commuter perks, generously subsidized Clipper card
- Sweet set-up - your choice of operating system and hardware
- Annual trips to Spain
- Monthly outings and fun events
We are self-funded, profitable and growing. Bitnami is headquartered in San Francisco with a globally distributed team in over 10 countries. Bitnami was a part of Y Combinator's Winter 2013 batch.
Bitnami is an equal opportunity employer.