Senior Kubernetes Engineer
This position is specifically a remote role. Want more insight on what it's like to be a part of a distributed team at Bitnami? Take a look at this article, written by our Director of Engineering, Victor Tuson Palau.
Bitnami is on a mission to bring awesome applications on every platform to everyone. We’re looking for an experienced Senior Engineer to lead development of some of the most exciting open source Kubernetes-related tools being developed today.
You will be working alongside developers who, prior to Bitnami, had been building critical infrastructure software at Google, AWS and Canonical, among other companies. You will work on a variety of Kubernetes projects, using Golang and as part of a high-performance distributed team.
This includes projects such as:
- kubeless - Bitnami’s Kubernetes-native serverless solution (https://github.com/kubeless)
- monocular - The application launcher for Helm (https://github.com/helm/monocular/)
- ksonnet - The new configuration and deployment management tools for Kubernetes (https://github.com/ksonnet)
- Be a leading contributor to Monocular, Kubeless and other tools as part of the Kubernetes solutions package that Bitnami is developing
- Be a technical expert that coaches and trains junior members of the engineering team
- Keep your team unblocked by performing timely and useful code reviews
- Take responsibility for continuous improvements in the coding and development of your own coding practices as well as of your team’s practices
- Foster and actively interact with communities forming around Bitnami-led open source projects
Our Ideal Addition to the team
- Is an existing contributor to the Kubernetes project
- Is a seasoned developer with proven experience shipping products
- Excels working in Open Source projects
- Enjoys and has extensive experience working in a distributed team environment
- Great communication skills. You can articulate your thoughts and ideas through writing, maintain open interactions and provide constructive feedback
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science preferred; demonstrable understanding of distributed systems, algorithms, and OO design required
- At least 5 years of development experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English)
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Additional benefits vary on location
- Annual All-Hands trip and company offsite
Remote Role Requirements
- Self-driven approach. You will be part of an engineering squad with clear objectives but you will also be expected to drive improvements in software products and processes, as you identify areas for improvement.
- Experience and proven success working remotely. We are looking for candidates that are aware of both the benefits and potential drawbacks of working remotely, and who know how to successfully navigate them
Bitnami is a globally-distributed software company, headquartered in San Francisco with team members in over 10 countries. We are a bootstrapped, profitable, high-growth company with a high-energy and passionate team.
Learn more about us and what it's like to work at Bitnami by visiting the About Us and Careers pages on our website.
Bitnami is an equal opportunity employer.