Bitnami is at the forefront of innovation that scales up to the largest production clouds, as well as down-to-laptop development environments. Millions of applications are launched every month with Bitnami technologies.
Our engineering team deploys microservices to clouds, leveraging modern practices such as containers, Kubernetes and immutable infrastructure. We are responsible for the availability and performance of the production infrastructure as well as partnering with the other teams to successfully build, deploy and manage Bitnami’s services. We are all about tools and automation.
You must bring an understanding of the IT business (typically gained by having built or worked extensively with a private or public cloud) and experience in building solutions that scale. You will be collaborating with team members around the world to bring cutting-edge solutions to market. Working with all of the significant cloud providers and container infrastructures will provide you with challenges and opportunities rarely found elsewhere.
- Create practices and coach development teams to self-service their infrastructure needs and manage their production services
- Maintain and improve usage of cloud services such as Cloudfront, RDS, S3, EC2 development instances
- Optimize our networking infrastructure (VPN, VPCs, etc) to enable self-service of development teams
- Automate our infrastructure following the pattern of Infrastructure as Code
- Cost reporting and auditing for teams on usage of cloud services
- Design and Provide access, permissions and authentication to team members to enable them to self-serve on development environments
- Manage office infrastructure to enable high productivity of teams
- Provide technical support to local and remote employees during office hours
- At least 5 years of experience as Linux system administrator
- At least 3 years of experience administering AWS or other public clouds workloads
- At least 3 years of experience working as interface in a software development company enabling DevOps workflows
- Experience designing networks and systems for security, encryption, performance and agility
- Scripting experience with multiple languages: Perl, Bash, Python or Ruby
- Broad experience with Linux kernel and shell, TCP/IP and HTTP
- Database administration experience with MySQL replication and high availability is a huge plus
- Container or cloud orchestration experience with at least one scheduler (Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, Mesos, etc.) is a huge plus
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Flexible time off policy; we believe everyone needs to recharge
- Your choice of machine and hardware
- Lunch provided daily
Bitnami is a distributed engineering company with offices in San Francisco, USA and Seville, Spain. With team members also in Australia, Vietnam, UK, Italy, Washington DC , Uruguay and more, we've created an incredibly enjoyable and productive distributed environment.
We are bootstrapped, profitable and growing. Bitnami was also part of Y Combinator's Winter 2013 batch.
Learn more about our team and what it's like to work at Bitnami by visiting the About Us and Careers pages on our website.
Bitnami is an equal opportunity employer.