VP of Marketing
San Francisco, CA
Bitnami is reinventing the software application experience. Our automation platform delivers and maintains a catalog of ready-to-run server applications and development environments in partnership with the world’s leading cloud providers such as Amazon, Google, Microsoft, Oracle and more . That same application automation platform that drives over 1 million deployments per month is also available to Enterprise developers looking streamline their software development processes.
We're profitable, growing and have an awesome, energetic and passionate team. Our goal is to have every developer, systems administrator and business user demand Bitnami every time they need to build, deploy and maintain their applications. If this sounds as exciting to you as it is to us, then consider joining the Bitnami team!
We’re looking for a VP of Marketing with a background in demand gen in the enterprise software and cloud services spaces to head up our marketing efforts. This role will be especially focused on establishing and growing the business around our new enterprise product, Stacksmith. The ideal candidate will possess a strong background in developing internal and external content to support marketing campaigns and sales education and have hands-on experience creating, managing and scaling enterprise-focused campaigns. You will report directly to the COO and co-founder and be expected to actively participate in executive strategy sessions, management meetings and other key leadership activities. You will have an initial team of two direct reports and the opportunity to grow this team over time.
Success in this role will depend on your ability to roll up your sleeves and implement the right strategy, campaigns and tools to drive Stacksmith leads, as well as to evolve our messaging and positioning as the customer base grows and evolves.
- Develop and execute on Bitnami’s marketing strategy, with a specific focus on demand gen activities - Responsibilities will also include implementation of Pardot-based marketing automation campaigns, managing Bitnami’s marketing budget, our events strategy and ensure the Bitnami website stays fresh, current and evolves as our messaging and product lineups evolve
- Participate in executive strategy discussions, annual goal setting and other leadership activities
- Build and manage a stellar team of marketing experts to deliver on Bitnami’s marketing strategy and goals
- Collaborate with partners on the creation and execution of Go-to-Market plans for our cloud vendor relationships
- Lead press and analyst briefings to influence key industry players
- Build, grow and nurture a pipeline of enterprise prospects
- Implement marketing automation to capture, measure and nurture leads
- Establish and deliver clear metrics and KPIs on campaigns
- Support internal and external sales initiatives with training, collateral and tools to demonstrate and sell Stacksmith
- Be a strong voice for Bitnami and Stacksmith through blogging and social media
Our Ideal Addition To The Team
- Is a team player who believes in and lives the Bitnami mission and values
- Has deep experience in the infrastructure software space
- Has launched new products and efficiently grown a solid pipeline of sales-ready leads
- Has demonstrated an ability to build and manage a team of at least 5 marketers
- Has excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to deliver world- class presentations
- Is able to think creatively to establish mutually beneficial relationships with Bitnami partners
- Is a good fit culturally, participating in team activities, events, etc.
- 10+ years marketing experience in technology companies
- 4+ years experience working in startup environments
- Demonstrated ability to take new products to market and develop a solid pipeline of sales-ready leads
- Deep understanding of the cloud service provider and infrastructure software landscapes
- Experience working with an international and globally-distributed team
- Demonstrated ability to build and manage a high performance team
- Understanding of the container and serverless spaces a plus
- A technical or engineering background a significant plus
- Competitive salary and stock options
- 99%-covered Medical, Dental, Vision benefits for the employee and 50% for family members
- Catered lunches every day (for office-based employees), with a generous snack and beverage offering
- Flexible time off policy, as we believe everyone needs to recharge
- Awesome commuter perks; generously subsidized Clipper Card
- Sweet laptop set-up with your choice of system
- Quarterly outings and fun events
Bitnami is on a mission to bring awesome software to everyone. We offer a library of popular server applications and development environments -- including WordPress, Joomla!, Drupal, SugarCRM, Jenkins and more -- that can be installed with one click, either on a desktop, in a virtual machine or hosted in the cloud. Over 1 million applications are deployed per month through Bitnami and our partner marketplaces.
- Profitable and growing
- Headquartered in San Francisco with team members in over 10 countries
- Part of Y Combinator's Winter 2013 batch
Learn more about our team and what it's like to work at Bitnami by visiting the About Us and Careers pages or on our website, www.bitnami.com.
Bitnami is an equal opportunity employer.