Senior Software Engineer
Bitnami is reinventing the software application experience. Our solution allows users to launch and run popular server applications and development stacks in the cloud and anywhere else just with a single click. The simple elegance of our approach has won us fans all across the world. Bitnami has grown to support over 1 million downloads each and every month. We have also become the largest source of applications for the leading cloud marketplaces including Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Oracle Cloud Platform and Google Compute.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer - Cloud Integrations that will help us design and implement integration solutions with our cloud partner APIs while delivering maintainable software and writing automated testing strategies.
You will join a team focused on offering the largest catalog of cloud applications and development runtimes. Our offerings range from turnkey solutions for server software such as multi-node deployment templates for databases, caching or message brokers; to trusted containers to build your own application on, including NodeJS, PHP or Python.
The perfect person for this role has extensive experience in automating the deployment of high-availability, scalable server software. To be successful in this role, you’ll need to be a self-starter who has a philosophy of working collaboratively with team members to continue to refine and improve results,
- Design and implement integration solutions with cloud partner APIs. Improve and automate internal processes to deliver the Bitnami catalog on their cloud
- Deliver maintainable software, meeting the requirements, designing and writing automated testing strategies
- Identify opportunities to evolve internal tools to improve their performance and reliability
- Be actively involved in team-wide discussions about software best practices
- Keep your team unblocked by performing timely and valuable mentoring and code reviews
- At least 5+ years (10+ years preferred) experience working at established companies that have built successful products/services, with a significant portion having worked with a globally-distributed team across multiple time zones
- At least 4 years of cloud development experience
- Cloud experience; must be comfortable designing and building tooling and infrastructure for cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, GCE, etc.)
- Proficient knowledge of a back-end programming languages (i.e. Ruby, Java, NodeJS, Python, etc.) and code versioning tools
- Proven work experience where main responsibility included implementing robust services and APIs to power web applications
- Proven ability to implement automated tests
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English)
- Extensive experience working in a startup environment
Additional Preferred Experience
- API-level AWS, Google Cloud Platform, VMware and Azure expertise
- Proficiency in Ruby language and related frameworks like Rails
- Docker and Kubernetes experience
- Strong familiarity with CI, CD, and software lifecycle automation
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Both vacation and sick time
- Your choice of machine and hardware
- Benefits vary based on location
Remote Role Requirements
- If applying for a remote role, you must have 5+ years of proven ability to work with a globally-distributed team across multiple time zones
- Please only apply for a remote role if your working hours time zone falls between UTC -2 and UTC +4
Bitnami is a globally-distributed software company, headquartered in San Francisco. With team members in over 12 countries, we've created an incredibly enjoyable and productive distributed environment. We are a bootstrapped, profitable, high-growth company with a high-energy and passionate team. Bitnami was also part of Y Combinator's Winter 2013 batch.
Learn more about our team and what it's like to work at Bitnami by visiting the About Us and Careers pages on our website.
Bitnami is an equal opportunity employer.