Technical Partner Manager
San Francisco, CA
Bitnami is reinventing the software application experience for suppliers and users of the world’s largest public clouds. Our solution allows users to launch and run popular server applications and development stacks in the cloud and anywhere else just with a single click. The simple elegance of our approach has won us fans all across the world. Bitnami is the largest source of applications for the leading cloud marketplaces including Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Oracle Cloud Platform and Google Cloud Platform. We make our software available on a variety of cloud service platforms leveraging first party cloud native solutions from our cloud partners to drive production ready solutions to users around the globe.
This critical role sits at the intersection of Business Development, Engineering and Product teams at Bitnami. You are the main point of contact for our key cloud partners and will be responsible for ensuring our solutions perform well and drive consumption on each platform. You will be member of a high performing business development team working on exciting projects with major cloud platform providers.
This is a fast-paced role that requires excellent communication, project and relationship management skills. Success depends on your ability to understand modern software practices on cloud native platforms, quickly and efficiently identify customer issues and drive them to resolution while clearly communicating with internal and external stakeholders. This is a high-profile role on the Business Development team in that our quality of service and time to resolution is critically important to our Cloud Partners, their users and suppliers.
- Relationship owner for cloud partner operations and engineering support teams, following through to completion on technical issues, security vulnerability responses, and projects
- Provide project management support to Bitnami architects and engineers during the onboarding of new cloud partner services. Ensure milestones are met and participate in product launches with resources provide to us by our cloud partners
- Write and update clear, succinct application descriptions and metadata for our library of software on multiple cloud platforms and inBitnami.com
- Be a Bitnami apps expert - understand the perspective of our users, and identify opportunities to improve the user experience through bug fixes and product improvements. Be willing to share your experience through creating & posting blogs on the usefulness of our service on partner platforms
- Work with Bitnami marketing team and cloud partner marketing resources to identify opportunities to promote Bitnami apps in a way that aligns with our partners’ strategic priorities
- Manage vital communication about security vulnerabilities in upstream code, notify and update cloud providers as applications are secured and updated in third party marketplaces
- Track performance of Bitnami solutions on each cloud platform and assist engineering in delivering continuous improvements based on qualitative and quantitative success metrics
- Work with the Cloud Partnerships Program Manager to identify opportunities to broaden the scope of business relationships with partners
- Attend trade shows and summits; demo Bitnami products and answer questions from business and technical users about what we do
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree and 2+ years work experience, preferably in a technology startup environment
- Understanding of the internet and server software: you know where to find the command line and aren’t afraid to use it
- Experience with agile software development practices and project management
- Understanding and working experience with Linux and other open source software
- Familiarity with bug tracking/ticketing systems such as Jira, FogBugz, Mantis, Phabricator, etc.
- Ability to quickly absorb new concepts and apply them in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment to solve complex issues. Ability multi-task across multiple cloud partner platforms as well as multi-task across business development, product development and engineering
- Impeccable English grammar and meticulous attention to detail; you can be relied upon to write and edit professional content that millions of users will see
- Ability to work with an international and distributed team; available to travel up to 10% to represent Bitnami at conferences, summits, etc.
- Competitive salary and stock options
- 99%-covered Medical, Dental, Vision benefits for the employee and 50% for family members
- Catered lunches every day (for office-based employees) with a generous snack and beverage offering
- Flexible time off policy, as we believe everyone needs to recharge
- Awesome commuter perks; generously subsidized Clipper Card
- Sweet laptop set-up with your choice of system
- Quarterly outings and fun events
Bitnami is on a mission to bring awesome software to everyone. We offer a library of popular server applications and development environments -- including WordPress, Joomla!, Drupal, SugarCRM, Jenkins and more -- that can be installed with one click, either on a desktop, in a virtual machine or hosted in the cloud. Over 1 million applications are deployed per month through Bitnami and our partner marketplaces.
- Profitable and growing
- Headquartered in San Francisco with team members in over 10 countries
- Part of Y Combinator's Winter 2013 batch
Learn more about our team and what it's like to work at Bitnami by visiting the About Us and Careers pages or on our website, www.bitnami.com.
Bitnami is an equal opportunity employer.