Senior Software Engineer - Cloud Integrations
This position is specifically a remote role or based out of our Sevilla office. Want more insight on what it's like to be a part of a distributed team at Bitnami? Take a look at this article, written by our own Director of Engineering, Victor Tuson Palau.
Bitnami’s mission is to bring awesome software to everyone. Every month, 1MM+ developers come to our site to download and launch their favorite language runtimes and applications across all major public clouds and container platforms, including AWS, Google, Azure, VMware and Docker.
We’re small, fast, innovative, and bursting at the seams with people passionate about cloud technologies. We’re growing at a rapid pace and seeking enthusiastic, creative, intelligent, and lively individuals to join us. In return, we offer a fun but hard-working environment, where you can instantly see your contribution to the company’s success.
- Work directly with new cloud partners to evaluate their cloud offering and implement integrations to deliver Bitnami catalog on their cloud. Our customers include AWS, Google, Microsoft, VMware, Huawei, etc.
- Enable new availability zones, publishing APIs and integrate new services for existing Cloud Partners
- Optimize and maintain our Release metadata database, making it easy to query and visualize data
- Create and update new base cloud images based on different flavors (i.e. CentOS, RedHat, Debian, etc.)
- Be actively involved in team-wide discussions about software best practices
- Keep your team unblocked by performing timely and useful code reviews
- 10+ years experience working at established companies that have successful products/services, with a significant portion being remote in a multi-timezone team
- At least 4 years of cloud development experience
- Cloud experience; comfortable designing and building tooling and infrastructure for cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, GCE, etc.)
- Proficient knowledge of a back-end programming languages (i.e. Ruby, NodeJS, Python, etc.) and code versioning tools
- Proven work experience where main responsibility included implementing robust services and APIs to power web applications
- Proven ability to implement automated tests
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English)
- API-level AWS, Google Cloud Platform, VMware and Azure expertise a plus
- Extensive experience working in a startup environment
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Both vacation and sick time
- Your choice of machine and hardware
- Benefits vary by location
Bitnami is a globally-distributed software company, headquartered in San Francisco. With team members in over 10 countries, we've created an incredibly enjoyable and productive distributed environment. We are a bootstrapped, profitable, high-growth company with a high-energy and passionate team.
Learn more about us and what it's like to work at Bitnami by visiting the About Us and Careers pages on our website.
Bitnami is an equal opportunity employer.