Python Developer (m/f)
Who we are
Bitpanda is Europe’s leading digital asset platform (Bitcoin & Altcoins) and one of the fastest growing FinTechs. We have the vision of creating an ecosystem that allows a simple entry for beginners and an optimised usability for the advanced users. For this, we constantly work on new innovations and see ourselves as pioneers for the future financial and payment industry. To achieve our visions of the future, we work closely with financial services, banks and several trading platforms. Bitpanda is a visionary and rapidly expanding Start-Up, which is why we are looking for highly motivated and tech-savvy team members, who share our vision and choose to help and shape the future of the emerging FinTech industry.
Field of activity
- At Bitpanda, we are looking for a passionate and driven team-member who will be assigned to an agile team.
- You will be writing code which interacts directly with the well-known blockchains like Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum and others.
- If you are looking for a position, that will be both challenging and rewarding in equal measures, then Bitpanda is the right place to work.
What you should offer
- Excellent Python 3 skills (i.e. beyond scripting)
- Knowledge and experience with object-oriented programming in general
- Message-driven programming
- Thorough understanding of REST service anatomy
- Knowledge of asynchronous, non-blocking and/or multiprocessing code
- Strong experience with Git
- Knowledge of packaging and deployment for Python (e.g. pip)
- Advantageous: blockchain-specific programming knowledge (building transactions, fee calculation, knowing what UTXO is)
- Advantageous: Understanding of blockchains and specific blockchain instances
- Advantageous: Experience with Docker
- Advantageous: Experience with Django
- Advantageous: knowledge of the Python scientific stack (pandas, numpy, scipy, scikit-learn)
What we offer
- A chance to get involved in one of the leading FinTech Start-Ups and thereby help shape a growing, forward-looking and innovative field
- An ensured salary according to the collective agreement and a possible overpayment depending on the qualification
- Flat hierarchy and short communication channels
- Exciting and challenging projects, which offer room for your creative ideas
- Prompt takeover of self-responsibility
- Very good working atmosphere in a young and motivated team
- Free softdrinks in our office in Vienna 1070