Head of Operational Risk and Compliance (f/m/d)
Legal & Compliance
We are currently expanding rapidly. Hence, we are seeking new, experienced and hands-on team members who think outside of the box (and are not afraid to share their thoughts), will deliver unique ideas and like to work in a fast-paced environment in the beautiful city of Vienna.
As Head of Operational Risk & Compliance at Bitpanda, you will be responsible for our risk and compliance team in close coordination with our in-house legal team. You will focus on payment risks and customer security and are up to date with the latest industry trends in the field of compliance.
- Responsible for the compliance & risk framework of the Bitpanda Group (policies & IT systems)
- Conduct periodic internal reviews or audits to ensure that compliance procedures are followed and to identify hidden risks or non-conformity issues
- Develop and oversee control systems to prevent or deal with violations of legal guidelines and internal policies in line with requirements for a company licensed by a Financial Market Authority
- Evaluate the efficiency of control systems and improve them continuously
- Continuous improvement of KYC & AML/CFT measures
- Responsible for the "Compliance & Risk Team" of the Bitpanda Group
- Risk Management Fraud prevention & handling
- Blockchain Analysis
- File appropriate compliance reports for management
- Experience as a risk & compliance manager, preferably in a company licensed by a Financial Market Authority (minimum of 4 years working experience in a similar role of advantage)
- Experience working with Austrian law
- Degree in law, business administration or a similar field
- Business acumen partnered with a dedication to legality
- Fluent in German and English
- Excellent communication skills
Bitpanda believes in the innovative power of cryptocurrencies, digitised assets and blockchain technology. As a result, Bitpanda has grown into a popular trading platform for newbies and experts alike.
- Flexible working hours
- Newest hardware
- Lunch, gym, and childcare discounts
- Regular team events and a yearly team trip
- Brand new office (w/ rooftop) in the Viennese FinTech Hub
- German classes
At Bitpanda, we strongly believe in the benefits of having a diverse team. Varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds lead to a better workplace and eventually to better products for our users. Thus, we actively foster diversity at Bitpanda. We believe in equal opportunities for everyone, no matter the nationality, skin color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, seniority level, marital status, or disability status.
Bitpanda offers an ensured salary according to the collective agreement and a possible overpayment depending on the qualifications.