Blockchain Engineer - Remote (within Europe) (f/m/d)
Engineering – Engineering /
Who we are
Bitpanda is on a mission to reinvent the world of finance and bring investing closer to everyone, everywhere. Today’s financial ecosystem is complex, exclusive and expensive, and we’re here to change this as the #1 investment platform in Europe and beyond. Our platform is rooted in the belief that investing should be safe, easy and accessible to all. With Bitpanda, everyone has the freedom and flexibility to invest in what they believe in - commission-free stocks, cryptocurrencies or even precious metals - starting from as little as €1.
Our story started in 2014 with our founders, Eric Demuth, Paul Klanschek and Christian Trummer. Since then, we’ve grown to a powerful and diverse team of 500+ people who represent more than 50 nationalities. Headquartered in Vienna, we’re proud to be Austria’s first unicorn and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in Europe. Our innovative technology serves over 3 million users and operates across multiple hub locations. Our products are built by fast-moving, talented, “roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen” kind of people. If you’re someone who thinks big, moves fast and wants to make an impact right from day one, then get ready to join our industry-changing team. Let’s go!
Bitpanda is a blockchain company by heart and has been engaging in the space since 2012 via its CTO Christian Trummer and its blockchain team since 2014. As a Blockchain Engineer, you will be responsible for building the next generation of cryptocurrency platforms. Planning, implementation and maintenance of all coins/tokens and blockchain nodes in the Bitpanda Ecosystem. Work with the latest modern technologies in a full remote work environment.
About the Team:
Our Blockchain team successfully operates a highly scalable infrastructure of Blockchain nodes, transaction signature processes from mainstream protocols like BTC or ETH down to specialized ones like IOTA, Stellar or others. The Digital Assets area is responsible for offering market conform prices of digital assets to our users and integrating new assets into the Bitpanda ecosystem.
What you’ll do:
- Join the full life cycle of cryptography infrastructure, including wallet, framework and libraries development, requirement gathering, design, coding, testing, deployment, documentation and support
- Working hands on to setup and maintain servers and nodes for all types of Blockchains (mainstream as well as DeFi protocols).
- Be part of the future lightning network integration, next to develop Stacking capabilities in house.
- Implementation of strategies to avoid congestion and reduce fees (transaction batching, segwit, bech32)
- Constant evaluation of the Bitpanda Ecosystem to identify and resolve any security issues
What we’re looking for:
- Professional experience working with Python and blockchain technologies.
- Analytical thinking.
- Motivation to learn new technologies.
- You (must be active) in the planning and implementation of computer software for the cryptocurrency market.
- Advanced knowledge of blockchain concepts like distributed ledger, consensus and smart contracts
- Deep understanding of REST service anatomy
- Knowledge of blockchain daemons such as bitcoind, Geth, OpenEthereum
- Highly skilled in writing quality code by using test-driven development (TDD) techniques
Check out our Engineering Blog here
What’s in it for you
- Top-notch “tech pack” (a.k.a.: the latest and greatest hardware) that you need to help Bitpanda move the needle, right from day one. The best part? You can choose between PC or Mac. And yes, noise-cancelling headphones are included!
- Individual stock option plan
- Exclusive premiums when trading on Bitpanda
- Occasional company-wide and team events - both in-person and virtually!
- Learning & development opportunities
- A brand new, optimised-for-Hybrid-working, HQ office located in Vienna’s fintech hub (in the second district) as well as local office location hotspots in Berlin, London, Madrid, Barcelona and Milan (to name just a few!)
- Bitpanda sustainable merch to keep you swagged out and living the Bitpanda brand
- A global Bitpanda team of fast-moving, talented, “roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen” kind of people who are united (across cultures and time zones) by our unique way of working.
And, above all, the opportunity to learn & grow as part of Bitpanda’s incredible journey to become Europe’s #1 investment platform.