Commercial Accounting Specialist (f/m/d)
Finance – Accounting and Tax /
Who we are
Bitpanda is on a mission to reinvent the world of finance and bring investing closer to everyone, everywhere. Today’s financial ecosystem is complex, exclusive and expensive, and we’re here to change this as the #1 investment platform in Europe and beyond. Our platform is rooted in the belief that investing should be safe, easy and accessible to all. With Bitpanda, everyone has the freedom and flexibility to invest in what they believe in - commission-free stocks, cryptocurrencies or even precious metals - starting from as little as €1.
Our story started in 2014 with our founders, Eric Demuth, Paul Klanschek and Christian Trummer. Since then, we’ve grown to a powerful and diverse team of 500+ people who represent more than 50 nationalities. Headquartered in Vienna, we’re proud to be Austria’s first unicorn and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in Europe. Our innovative technology serves over 3 million users and operates across multiple hub locations. Our products are built by fast-moving, talented, “roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen” kind of people. If you’re someone who thinks big, moves fast and wants to make an impact right from day one, then get ready to join our industry-changing team. Let’s go!
As an Accounting Specialist, you will handle wallet-related transactions and reflect those in our books, as well as support our Accounting team across various topics.
What you'll be doing:
- Be able to independently reflect wallet-related transactions in our books (fiat and crypto-related topics)
- Develop SQL queries for balance reconciliations and automatized processes in accounting and tax
- Provide ideas for implementing posting logic to new products and be able to implement the corresponding queries via SQL
- Give input regarding process optimisation for daily accounting and reconciliation routines
- Be valuable support during the monthly closing of fiat and crypto-related balances
Who you are:
- Minimum of 3 years experience as an accountant
- Certified accountant or higher education (e.g. bachelor’s or master’s degree)
- Basic knowledge of local GAAP (UGB) and of Austrian Tax Law (VAT and Income Tax)
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in SQL and a strong affinity for IT
- Excellent German and English skills
- Strong organisational skills, including the ability to prioritise own workload
What’s in it for you
- Top-notch “tech pack” (a.k.a.: the latest and greatest hardware) that you need to help Bitpanda move the needle, right from day one. The best part? You can choose between PC or Mac. And yes, noise-cancelling headphones are included!
- Individual stock option plan
- Exclusive premiums when trading on Bitpanda
- Occasional company-wide and team events - both in-person and virtually!
- Learning & development opportunities
- A brand new, optimised-for-Hybrid-working, HQ office located in Vienna’s fintech hub (in the second district) as well as local office location hotspots in Berlin, London, Madrid, Barcelona and Milan (to name just a few!)
- Bitpanda sustainable merch to keep you swagged out and living the Bitpanda brand
- A global Bitpanda team of fast-moving, talented, “roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen” kind of people who are united (across cultures and time zones) by our unique way of working.
And, above all, the opportunity to learn & grow as part of Bitpanda’s incredible journey to become Europe’s #1 investment platform.