Senior Backend Developer - Java (f/m/d)
At Bitpanda we are firm believers in the innovative power of cryptocurrencies and the blockchain technology. Our mission is to be the key driving force in the ongoing fintech revolution by providing easy-to-use, safe and trustworthy access to any digital assets for both new and experienced users.
Field of activity
- The right candidates show a strong focus for both functional and non-functional requirements such as responsiveness, resilience and fault-tolerance of Java applications.
- You want to work with the next-generation Java application stacks and some of the most performant messaging solutions currently available.
- At Bitpanda, we are looking for a passionate and driven team-member who will be assigned to an agile team. We are building a full-stack solution from scratch.
- If you are looking for a position that will be both challenging and rewarding in equal measures then Bitpanda is the right place to work.
What you should offer
- Excellent Java8 OO and/or FP skills
- Stream processing and message-driven programming
- Thorough understanding of REST service anatomy
- Appreciation for writing asynchronous non-blocking code
- Git and Maven build tools ecosystem
- Integration and development with Docker
- JVM tuning and performance profiling
- Optional: Experience with Apache Kafka
- Optional: Vert.X and SpringBoot
- Optional: Reactive Streams, RxJava or similar
- Optional: Knowledge of administering PostgreSQL
- Optional: Websockets
- Advantageous: AWS and DevOps knowledge
What we offer
- A chance to get involved in one of the leading FinTech Start-Ups and thereby help shape a growing, forward-looking and innovative field
- Flat hierarchy and short communication channels
- Responsibility over exciting and challenging projects that have a direct visible impact on Bitpanda’s customers and the industry
- Prompt takeover of self-responsibility
- Very positive work environment in a young, international and motivated team
- A brand new office in the heart of beautiful Vienna, Austria
Note: Bitpanda offers an ensured salary according to the collective agreement and a possible overpayment depending on the qualifications