Software Engineer - Backend, Remote (Senior/Staff/Principal) Pragmatic Engineer
Engineering – Engineering /
Are you an open-minded software engineer with a user-first attitude, who’d like to join a hands-on product engineering team? Come to Bitrise! Our remote-first teams are passionate about challenges, engineering craftsmanship, quality, innovation, and have a sense of urgency to increase the quality of mobile apps in the world by making our product better in fast iterations.
We expect you to bring your own ideas and voice into the discussion, to own end-to-end solutions, and to solve problems, not just tasks.
You will be able to join one of the following initiatives:
User lifecycle (user management and collaboration functions)
Core Experience (managing the CI/CD pipelines)
Payment (subscriptions and billing)
Build Insights (DevOps analytics)
As a member of our team, you’ll face complex challenges every day but will have a simple mission to complete: help developers build better apps, faster.
As a Senior Software Engineer at Bitrise you will
- Build web services in Go and/or Ruby that are highly scalable and fault-tolerant
- Design, build and operate backend services involving APIs
- Participate in on-call rotation, manage incidents, and conduct post-mortems
- Plan your work iteratively, focusing on solving problems
- Collaborate with cross-departmental partners and other engineering teams
- Be a key player in building high performing teams that continuously deliver value to our users
Key skills and characteristics
- Be able to define and effectively communicate technical and design requirements
- Be able to write clean, high-quality, testable, reusable, and well-documented code
- Be able to navigate ambiguity, explore unique solutions
- Strong data-driven thinking and customer focus
- Eager to learn and continuously improve yourself and help others' growth
What would amaze us
- Hands-on experience in refactoring a large codebase into smaller pieces
- Experience with designing and optimizing common relational and non-relational data stores
- Optimized user-facing products through A/B tests and feature flags before
- You have experience with Continuous Delivery practices and have worked in a CD environment before
- You are an experienced TDD practitioner
- You have experience with DevOps and working in Docker, Kubernetes, and PaaS environments
- Have some experience with enterprise security requirements
- Have technical team leadership experience
- Open to engaging with our end users to improve their experience
What we offer
- A massive amount of freedom and trust while your contributions help shape and grow Bitrise for years to come
- A commitment to invest in your personal growth and development in the form of courses, conferences, book allowance, and more
- The opportunity to learn about app development by playing a crucial role in the mobile development process for the world’s most successful companies
- The security of working in a financially stable, growing company with an ever-expanding global customer base
- The opportunity to travel the world to meet, learn from, and connect to end-users at conferences and meetings, as well as the chance to occasionally work from one of our international offices.
🤖 About Bitrise
Bitrise is a continuous integration and delivery platform, built by and for mobile app developers. Our mission? To help everyone build and operate better mobile apps. By streamlining, automating and optimizing recurring mobile development processes, we free up time and resources for creative, interesting and impactful development tasks, resulting in better, faster releases.
As a successful graduate of Y Combinator, we are born of the same DNA as Airbnb, Reddit and Dropbox. Since Bitrise was launched in 2015, we have grown exponentially: Today, tens of thousands of developers release apps via Bitrise, that end up on billions of mobile devices around the world.
Current customers include fortune 500 companies like Virgin or SIXT, and rapidly scaling unicorns like Wise, Mozilla and Get Your Guide. Pick up any mobile device, and chances are you’ll encounter multiple apps that were built on Bitrise. Working at Bitrise means contributing to all of that.