Web Application Developer
Fresno, CA /
Shift3 Technologies – Development /
//TL;DR Shift3 Technologies is looking for skilled programmers to craft world class software for a variety of clients.
Shift3 Technologies is a small team with big aspirations. We’re not looking for an HTML/CSS master. We’re looking for skilled programmers. We want someone who is looking for a position where they get a say in how the product is built and what the user experience is supposed to be like. Come ready to bounce ideas around and live the developer life. We prefer someone local, so we’re prepared to help with moving costs. (No VISA help at this time, sorry :/) Pay is excellent for the Central Valley, and the benefits are top notch. Craft beer in the fridge, plus lunches from time-to-time, plus we send you to a conference or two. We’re a tight-knit team living in a city where people say technology doesn’t exist. They’re wrong. Come help us prove it. Our office is located inside of an emerging techhub called Bitwise Industries. Bitwise Industries is changing the face of an entire industry in a city. Be a part of that.
Typical Technologies used at Shift3:
- Angular / React
- Ruby on Rails
- Python (Django)
Web Application Developer Job Responsibilities:
- Creates user information solutions by developing, implementing, and maintaining web applications.
Web Application Developer Job Duties:
- Defines site objectives by analyzing user requirements; envisioning system features and functionality.
- Designs and develops web applications by setting expectations and features priorities throughout development life cycle; determining design methodologies and tool sets; completing programming using languages and software products; designing and conducting tests.
- Recommends system solutions by comparing advantages and disadvantages of custom development and purchase alternatives.
- Integrates applications by designing database architecture and server scripting; studying and establishing connectivity with network systems, search engines, and information servers.
- Completes applications development by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities; contributing to team meetings; troubleshooting development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
- Supports users by developing documentation and assistance tools.
- Updates job knowledge by researching new technologies and software products; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Supports and develops web application developers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities.
Web Application Developer Skills and Qualifications:
- Degree not required, but two to five years of experience or demonstrated experience. Not all programmers are alike. Show us what you can do.
- Github/Gitflow proficiency required.
- API Integration skills should be strong
- Written Communication should be excellent
- Verbal communication should be above average
About Shift3 & Bitwise Industries.
Bitwise is a tech ecosystem designed to activate human potential for the technology industry in Underdog Cities around the country. Bitwise was founded in Fresno, California, in 2013 by Irma L. Olguin, Jr., and Jake A. Soberal.
The Bitwise ecosystem is comprised of three robust lines of business that sustain and support its objectives:
1. Geekwise Academy is an accelerated training program that teaches people of all ages and skill levels the skills required to enter the technology industry as a software developer. The missional focus of Geekwise is to reach people and places that the technology industry has traditionally excluded. Geekwise offers boot-camp-style classes, apprenticeship programs, and a wide variety of support services to its students.
2. Shift3 Technologies is a world-class software consulting firm. Shift3 builds enterprise software solutions for clients in the San Joaquin Valley, Silicon Valley, and around the world. The missional focus of Shift3 is to recruit the very best talent out of Geekwise to model what it looks like to build an extraordinary technology company with non-traditional talent. Shift3 serves clients in government like the State of California and the United States Department of Defense, and private sector clients like Pivotal and Salesforce.
3. Bitwise Real Estate provides the spaces and places for the technology industry and people working in it to build vibrant, diverse, and inclusive community. Bitwise acquired, developed, and leased more than 250,000 SF of commercial real estate in Downtown Fresno; the projects now comprise Bitwise’s technology campus that is home to more than 200 technology companies.
Diversity and inclusion is at the heart of everything that Bitwise does. The Bitwise community in Fresno is > 50-percent female, > 50-percent minority, and about 20-percent first-generation American.
Bitwise is a venture-backed firm, which you can learn more about in this Crunchbase article.
Learn more about Bitwise in this Explainer Video.