Web Application Developer
Bitwise Locations - Fresno, CA/Bakersfield, CA/Merced, CA/Oakland, CA/Toledo, OH/Buffalo, NY /
Bitwise Technology Consulting – Development /
ABOUT BITWISE INDUSTRIES
Bitwise Industries was founded in 2013 by Irma L. Olguin, Jr. and Jake A. Soberal with the goal of activating human potential for the technology industry in Fresno, Calif. Bitwise now operates three robust lines of business that sustain and support this objective. The Workforce division (Training and Development) trains people to code, with a focus on marginalized groups, to give them the skills for today’s job market. Bitwise’s Real Estate Development division provides a physical home for aspiring technologists, fast growing technology companies, and many mission-aligned companies that hire out of Bitwise; all of which contribute to the ongoing downtown revitalization efforts of the cities where Bitwise is based. And, Bitwise Tech Consulting is a custom software development and Salesforce implementation shop that pairs senior talent with entry-level programmers from Bitwise’s workforce development program to build and deliver top quality software solutions to clients around the world. Learn more about Bitwise at www.bitwiseindustries.com.
Diversity, inclusion and equity are at the heart of everything that Bitwise does. The Bitwise community in Fresno is > 50-percent LGBTQIA+ Women, Non-Binary, Gender Nonconforming, and Trans Individuals, > 50-percent Black, Brown, Native, and Immigrant, and about 20-percent first-generation. Bitwise is a proud equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition, or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT Bitwise Technology Consulting
Shift3 Technologies is now Bitwise Technology Consulting! We are a world-class software consulting firm, building enterprise software solutions for clients in the San Joaquin Valley, Silicon Valley, and around the world. The missional focus of Bitwise Technology Consulting is to recruit the very best talent out of Bitwise Workforce training (formally Geekwise) to model what it looks like to build an extraordinary technology company with non-traditional talent. Bitwise Technology Consulting serves clients in government like the State of California and the United States Department of Defense, and private sector clients like Pivotal and Salesforce.
Learn more about Bitwise...
Bitwise is a venture-backed firm, which you can learn more about in this Crunchbase article
Learn more about Bitwise in this Explainer Video
//TL;DR Bitwise Industries is looking for skilled programmers to craft world class software for a variety of clients.
Bitwise Industries is a small team with big aspirations. We’re not looking for an HTML/CSS master. We’re looking for skilled programmers. We want someone who is looking for a position where they get a say in how the product is built and what the user experience is supposed to be like. Come ready to bounce ideas around and live the developer life. We prefer someone local, so we’re prepared to help with moving costs. Pay is excellent for the Central Valley, and the benefits are top notch. Craft beer in the fridge, plus lunches from time-to-time, plus we send you to a conference or two. We’re a tight-knit team living in a city where people say technology doesn’t exist. They’re wrong. Come help us prove it. Our office is located inside of an emerging techhub called Bitwise Industries. Bitwise Industries is changing the face of an entire industry in a city. Be a part of that.
Typical Technologies used at Shift3:
- Angular / React
- Ruby on Rails
- Python (Django)
Web Application Developer Job Responsibilities:
- Creates user information solutions by developing, implementing, and maintaining web applications.
Web Application Developer Job Duties:
- Defines site objectives by analyzing user requirements; envisioning system features and functionality.
- Designs and develops web applications by setting expectations and features priorities throughout development life cycle; determining design methodologies and tool sets; completing programming using languages and software products; designing and conducting tests.
- Recommends system solutions by comparing advantages and disadvantages of custom development and purchase alternatives.
- Integrates applications by designing database architecture and server scripting; studying and establishing connectivity with network systems, search engines, and information servers.
- Completes applications development by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities; contributing to team meetings; troubleshooting development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
- Supports users by developing documentation and assistance tools.
- Updates job knowledge by researching new technologies and software products; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Supports and develops web application developers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities.
Web Application Developer Skills and Qualifications:
- Degree not required, but two to five years of experience or demonstrated experience. Not all programmers are alike. Show us what you can do.
- Github/Gitflow proficiency required.
- API Integration skills should be strong
- Written Communication should be excellent
- Verbal communication should be above average