Fresno, CA /
Shift3 Technologies – Development /
//TL;DR Shift3 Technologies is looking for a Software Development Project Manager that can use his/her/their project management expertise to follow each initiative through from ideation to implementation in a fast-paced Agile environment
We are looking for an experienced Software Development Project Manager that can use his/her/their project management expertise to follow each initiative through from ideation to implementation in a fast-paced Agile environment. The person in this role has an exceptional ability to project manage delivery teams, possesses strong technical skills, has proven project management expertise, great communication skills, and is astute at motivating teams to achieve results in a fast-paced, multi-client, multi-project environment.
Who You Are
You are exceptionally organized and love creating and working with project plans to identify the best way to meet client and team needs. You are passionate about schedules and delivery, and you love working with software development teams.
- Deliver projects on time, within client budget parameters with the highest degree of quality
- Create and execute against project plans and delivery commitments; Manage the day-to-day activities of the delivery team within an Agile/Scrum environment
- Develop, communicate and implement program / project risk / issue management plans and strategies (e.g., mitigation, avoidance, transfer, acceptance)
- Manage and track team velocity, project budget and other KPIs in relation to the project plan and published progress reports
- Develop project scope statements, in consultation with applicable stakeholders to create project estimates (e.g., Project Charter, Statement of Work, Business Vision & Scope Document)
- Identify the level of the skills, duration and effort required for successful project execution
- Manage, and appropriately escalate, delivery impediments, risks, issues, and changes tied to the product development initiatives
- Report on status of development, quality, operations and system performance to internal and external stakeholders
- Identify project management best practices and implement right-sized solutions as needed
- Technical credentials, with at least 4 years of experience working with software development teams
- A strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional, projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills are a must, as face-to-face client communication and interaction are a necessity
- A track record of communicating well with executives and non-technical leaders
- Experience managing Agile, Scrum, or other rapid application development teams
- PMI certification is a plus
- Scrum certification is a plus
About Shift3 & Bitwise Industries.
Bitwise is a tech ecosystem designed to activate human potential for the technology industry in Underdog Cities around the country. Bitwise was founded in Fresno, California, in 2013 by Irma L. Olguin, Jr., and Jake A. Soberal.
The Bitwise ecosystem is comprised of three robust lines of business that sustain and support its objectives:
1. Geekwise Academy is an accelerated training program that teaches people of all ages and skill levels the skills required to enter the technology industry as a software developer. The missional focus of Geekwise is to reach people and places that the technology industry has traditionally excluded. Geekwise offers boot-camp-style classes, apprenticeship programs, and a wide variety of support services to its students.
2. Shift3 Technologies is a world-class software consulting firm. Shift3 builds enterprise software solutions for clients in the San Joaquin Valley, Silicon Valley, and around the world. The missional focus of Shift3 is to recruit the very best talent out of Geekwise to model what it looks like to build an extraordinary technology company with non-traditional talent. Shift3 serves clients in government like the State of California and the United States Department of Defense, and private sector clients like Pivotal and Salesforce.
3. Bitwise Real Estate provides the spaces and places for the technology industry and people working in it to build vibrant, diverse, and inclusive community. Bitwise acquired, developed, and leased more than 250,000 SF of commercial real estate in Downtown Fresno; the projects now comprise Bitwise’s technology campus that is home to more than 200 technology companies.
Diversity and inclusion is at the heart of everything that Bitwise does. The Bitwise community in Fresno is > 50-percent female, > 50-percent minority, and about 20-percent first-generation American.
Bitwise is a venture-backed firm, which you can learn more about in this Crunchbase article.
Learn more about Bitwise in this Explainer Video.